Müller has been a loved brand in the UK for over 30 years. It's a household name – and it continues to grow as we invest to make and market an ever great range of fantastic dairy products. We are currently the 7th most chosen FMCG brand, picked from supermarket shelves over 200 million times each year.
Müller offers you a long term career with a genuine market leader - we are an entrepreneurial company where people love to work and make a difference. Our competitive advantage comes through driving value through innovation and brands, scale, operational excellence and building a high performing international organisation. By 2020, we aim to have significantly increased our turnover; in order to achieve this, we need leaders and technical experts to grow our business and market share.
Müller pride ourselves on offering support to help develop your knowledge and skills. In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful European business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
We are currently recruiting for an Accountant-Tanker Logistics Haulier Contracts. We are looking for an experienced individual to provide financial reporting, analysis, and decision making support to the Finance Manager - Tanker Logistics, and the Logistics Area Managers. You will drive improvements in financial reporting and controls within Tanker Logistics.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
• Detailed understanding of the underlying monthly performance of all aspects of 3rd party Hauliers, including milk collection, reloads, and preparation of month end accruals. Understanding the impact of changes in supply / demand by region. Understanding the impact of milk swaps and other milk trading activity.
• Responsibility for investigating variances and movements in these areas which impact profitability and clearly explain those variances in a summarised monthly bridge to forecast/budget
• Preparation of weekly forecasting for 3rd party tanker logistics including investigating and explaining any major variances to forecast
• Support delivery of adhoc requests from the Financial Controller Tanker Logistics, and the Tanker Logistic team e.g. cost saving initiatives, and other adhoc projects and support the detailed budget and forecasting process for tanker logistics
• Ensure that costs and invoices for all 3rd party tanker logistics transactions are recorded accurately, on time and within the Financial Reporting system.
• Detailed monitoring of all cost movements against base ppl
• Management of relationship with accounts teams at 3rd party haulage companies and challenge of cost submissions where appropriate
• Ensure the 3rd party haulage balance sheet reconciliations are completed in accordance with Group timetable and all variances fully investigated and explained.
• Introduce appropriate checks to ensure accurate reporting and be responsibility for accuracy of financial data.
• Ensure the correct charges go into the monthly spend through managing the accruals, pre-payments, and re-charges for 3rd party tanker logistics. Ensure charges are posted to the correct accounts and cost-centres as per the timetable
• Prepare monthly variance analysis of actuals vs forecast/budget clearly explaining any major variance
• Preparation of weekly reporting in accordance with Group timetable
• Lead the 3rd party tanker logistic the budget and forecasting process, influence assumptions and provide support to the Financial Controller Tanker Logistics in the combined tanker logistics forecast consolidation
• Seek to identify improvement in the month end process and weekly reporting with the aim to improve accuracy and/or efficiency
• Key responsibility is driving improved financial performance in the 3rd party Tanker Logistics area.
• Seek to work with Tanker Logistics and the wider Milk Supply team to identify financial saving opportunities and deliver these on time and in accordance with plan.
• Analyse and suggest areas for improvement
• Develop effective cross functional working relationships at all levels within the business e.g. sites, Group Finance, agriculture team
• Support the Financial Controller Tanker Logistics in business partnering the Tanker Logistics team
• Haulier contract expert
• Cover for others in the Milk Supply Controlling team
• Support the Financial Controller Tanker Logistics in ad-hoc projects and analysis.
Key skills & experience
• Newly qualified CIMA/ACCA
• Knowledge of journal postings, balance sheet reconciliations and month end accruals
• Experience of providing detailed and high level variance analysis
• Strong IT & Systems knowledge and experience, including Excel
• Ability to visualize the whole picture and understand the importance of their role both within the department and also within the whole company
• Ability to work on own initiative with a proactive and 'can-do' attitude and comfortable working in a fast moving, high pressured environment with changing priorities
• Needs to be both a team player and capable of working on their own
• Excellent organizational skills with extreme attention to detail
• Analytical and tenacious
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at www.mullercareers.co.uk
16 October 2018