Do you want to work in a global high-tech company that's one of the key players in the Aerospace, Defence and Security sector?
Leonardo provides you with the opportunity to work on meaningful and high–calibre projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within an established, award-winning company.
Within Leonardo, Support & Service Solutions UK (S3 UK) is an exciting and rapidly growing line of business focused on customer product and service support, product improvement and ground breaking research and development. One of S3's primary values is to provide a fulfilling future to our people. We are committed to fostering a culture where personal and professional development, work life balance and guided autonomy are the norm. We want you to enjoy being part of S3, and feel empowered to ensure that we meet and exceed our customers' expectations. We recognise that diversity is vital to encouraging innovation and creativity. We want our people to bring their unique qualities and perspectives to help us enrich our services and offerings.
The role of Graduate Business Development is a critical part of the Leonardo S3 UK way of working. You will be learn and develop skills and expertise in customer relationship management, Campaign Management, Solution Design and Development, bid and proposal generation and implementation planning to satisfy a wide variety of customers across several Value Streams.
You will gain experience in developing large scale solutions and proposals, gain experience of managing multiple stakeholders and complex relationships in competitive bid environments.
The role will allow you to explore the creation of new ways of working, implement new processes and the give and receive coaching within Integrated Capture Teams, to ensure successful delivery of new business offerings. You will be motivated to help others achieve their personal and professional goals and to ensure the customer gets the very best solution that can be designed.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable 'smart' solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
Our 2 year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning.
You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
Key Responsibility Areas
Key Areas of focus
· Working within integrated project teams in capturing new business in major, complex programmes
· Learning effective sales and solutions development leadership within a service environment
· Building and developing effective relationships at all levels with Customers and Stakeholders, both internal and external
· Learning to develop and influence key customer relations within the business area – particularly UK MOD & Key Prime Contractor Organisations – through professional personal performance and setting standards for teams.
Key Development Opportunities
· How to deliver business growth
· Learning measures to improve Customer Satisfaction
· Developing inter-company relationships
· Management of major stakeholders
· Development of new partnered relationships
· Learn how to implementation of new service solution processes
· Contribute to the development of 'product/ service vision and strategy'
· Understand and develop Life Cycle Management in a service environment
· Manage sales budgets and costs
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
· All our roles require predicted minimum of an upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline i.e Administration, Business & Information Technology, Computer Science or a higher degree such as a MEng, MSc. or PhD.
· You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
· Ability to develop leadership, coaching and mentoring skills
· Ability to develop, communicate and implement Solution Design and Development Skills What's in it for me?
Leonardo values its people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
· Competitive starting salary & welcome bonus
· Accommodation Allowance (subject to eligibility) & 3 performance related pay reviews within the 2 years
· Generous holiday entitlement and flexible working arrangements
· Contributory pension scheme & Healthcare
· Employee discounts with selected suppliers, including gym membership
· Free parking
What are you waiting for?
Leonardo is one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MoD, come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around!
Don't delay – these roles attract high competition so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment.
Our Assessment dates run from November 2018 to April 2019 and roles WILL be closed once offered.
· Contact:Recruitment Team
· Job ID:84533009