Claims Handler: Our Claims Handlers are the face and, more importantly, the voice of our business when it comes to dealing with our customers.
At Ageas, we are focused on providing second to none customer service and this is where you come in! We offer a busy, fast paced environment where our employees can grow and develop within their chosen role.
Our Customer Consultants - Claims Handlers, in our Claims department, manage the commencement of claims ensuring the customer requirements and expectations are properly framed and understood. They provide guidance to customers on key components of the product, helping customer's to make decisions to protect claims cost and where possible provide a one stop shop.
We are currently recruiting for Customer Service Consultants to join our Car Insurance Claims department. Your role will be to settle claims as quickly and economically as possible, whilst still providing a world class standard of service to customers. You will be responsible for the management of your own caseload, whilst making appropriate decisions on all aspects of the claim within your own authority limits.
Your main duties as a Claims Handler and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Manage the commencement of claims ensuring the customers requirements and expectations are properly framed and understood.
· Provide guidance to customers and, where possible, provide a one stop shop.
· Ensure that claims are handled in the correct technical manner, in accordance with policy cover, legal liability, and departmental fraud, ABI and FCA guidelines.
· Protect claims cost with emphasis on: Recovery, Third Party Spend and Thefts.
· Provide customers with a quality service in line with the Claims Guiding Principles.
· Identify the indicators of fraud and use questioning/investigation techniques to decide if the claim can be progressed to payment or repudiation.
· Take ownership of complaints, referring as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience you will need in your Claims Handler role:
· Skillful communicator capable of dealing effectively with all contacts ranging from the general public through to lawyers.
· Fantastic at negotiating.
· Computer literate.
· Ability to demonstrate a high standard of customer service.
· Positive attitude and a flexible approach to change and team working.
· Minimum C Grade in Maths and English - or equivalent.
What's in it for you?
As much as we value our customers, we also value you. In your Customer Consultant - Motor Claims Handler position you can enjoy a comprehensive range of flexible benefits options - such as company pension, 23 days' holiday (you can buy or sell up to 5 days) rising to 25 days after 3 years, a car lease scheme, life and health schemes and an annual bonus. We have a wealth of wellbeing activities and our people enjoy discounts on company products and with a wide range of retailers & gyms.
Operational hours for department: Monday to Friday 8am - 6pm. 37.5 hour working week.
We're an award-winning, international insurer with key markets in Europe and Asia and go back a fair bit too - almost 200 years. Fast-forward to today and we're proud to be one of Europe's top 20 insurance companies. Our UK team of 4,000, stand shoulder-to-shoulder with our most important people – our customers. We're recognised for our excellent insurance cover and being easy and straightforward to deal with. Plus, we understand the need for choice, which is why our insurance can be bought with us directly, and through aggregator sites as well as through our broker relationships and our leading partnership brands. We have around 5 million customers and have a first-class attitude when it comes to being there for them when they need us most. Don't just take our word for all this though. We've scooped a Gold Standard Insurance Award for the last nine years running which speaks volumes about our dedicated teams across our UK offices based in London, Manchester, Stoke, Gloucester, Eastleigh, Bournemouth and Port Solent.
· Contact:Recruitment Team
· Job ID:84642791