2019 Graduate Technology Placement – Security Engineer 12 Month FTC
Reed Business Information are seeking high-calibre and ambitious Technology Undergraduate. We have the opportunity for an undergraduate in their penultimate year to join us for 12 months in our Security Engineering team.
Our roles will place you into the heart of dynamic, best-of-class technology teams working with the newest technologies on an international scale. In every case you will receive a tailored blend of technical, commercial, and soft-skills training/coaching and a carefully mapped career development path.
In this role, you will be placed into a small Security Engineering team supporting a geographically dispersed Enterprise environment, maintaining IT Security in line with company processes, policies and compliance requirements. The role will require the management of security systems as well as undertaking vulnerability assessments, security reporting, and due diligence questionnaires. Our Technology Graduates work closely with internal partners supporting their ability to create innovative and market leading products for clients across the world.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Currently undertaking a STEM related degree subject. Computer Science, Information Security, or Computer Forensics related degree is desirable.
- A passion for problem solving
- Hunger for picking up new technologies
- A commitment to self-improvement
- Strong customer service delivery mentality
- Understanding of IT network concepts and processes
- Exposure to programming/ scripting languages
Throughout the scheme you will get exposure to some of the below technologies and processes. So previous experience or an interest in the below is beneficial:
- Cloud Technologies/Terraform/Docker/Kubernetes
- Vulnerability assessment methodologies & the OWASP Top 10
And what about your career after the placement finishes?
At RBI we value talent and if you are successful no your placement, there is the opportunity to be offered a full time position on our Technology graduate scheme.
Career development is a big thing for us and we take our PDP (personal development plan) process very seriously. We want you to learn and progress quickly in the direction you want to go and will provide you with the training and support to achieve that at the right pace. The great thing about us, career-wise is that we're a company made up of leading online businesses so you can develop in three dimensions, vertically through the business, across different brands, and across different functions (if you fancy a change). We're also an increasingly global business and are often able to offer overseas opportunities either as secondments or on a permanent basis.
About Reed Business Information:
RBI is a global business and we provide vital information, analytics and data solutions to our customers across the globe. We have offices in London, Amsterdam, New York, Chicago, Paris, Shanghai, Dubai and Singapore – to name just a few.
We're a technology business with a real passion for innovation and product development, and we work closely with our customers to grow their businesses, so we're looking for people who want to grow too. We never stand still.
We're also part of RELX Group, a FTSE-100 company and a world-leading provider of information and analytics to a huge range of industries. With over 30,000 employees in over 30 countries, and revenues approaching $10 billion, there's a lot of opportunity for you to succeed.
Forbes have recently placed RELX as the UK's #1 technology employer and #53 in their ‘World's best Employers' list.
Women in technology:
RBI is very supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. Currently 26% of our Technology workforce are women, which is much higher than the UK average of 17%. We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
- Mentoring scheme for women in technology
- Women's network forum
- Regularly run events in school about careers in technology to encourage the next generation of women in tech
RBI proudly support the Tech Talent Charter. Click on the link to find out more.
RBI are an equal opportunity employer and all suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SALARY: Competitive with extensive benefit package.
HOW TO APPLY DETAILS:
· Please click the apply button and adhere to the below guidelines
· Candidates MUST submit their CV with a brief cover letter outlining the following:
· What interests you about the Graduate placement you have applied for?
· What skills /experience do you have that makes you suitable for the position The selection process will involve telephone interviews and a group assessment centre. The assessment centre will commence in February 2019.
The start date for this role will be September 2019
· Contact:Rochelle McDonald
· Job ID:84656061