Quality Engineer (Entry Level Professional)
Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, is hiring!
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Ensure obtention and quality progress performance in his/her area of responsibility (Business Unit or group of Business Units). Monitor and apply Michelin Manufacturing Way (MMW) standard methodologies in his/her area of responsibility.
Key expected achievements:
Supports Business Unit team members and coaches them toward achieving excellent results.
Job responsibilities include:
· Ensuring products delivered to Customers are aligned with Michelin quality planning models and are manufactured in compliance with quality obtention standards, while applying Michelin Manufacturing Way standard methodologies;
· Applying Right the First Time principles to maintain the required quality and efficiency performance objectives; anticipating product compliance and quality performance risks for the Customer, and taking action to reduce these risks;
· Appropriately process all complaints, nonconformities, nonstandard situations and performance shifts; demonstrating efficiency in implementing actions;
· Resolving the causes of anomalies and non-performance, and updating the quality obtention section of the progress plan; helping all operators gain quality job competencies, through mentoring and training.
Requirements for this position include:
· A Bachelors degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Chemical or Process Engineering, or equivalent. Demonstrated ability in a manufacturing or industrial setting is preferred, but not required.
· Strong mechanical awareness and the ability to work comfortably around mechanical equipment is an asset.
· Strong written and communication skills. Comfortable presenting technical information to large groups. Well-organized and able to balance multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Solid teamwork, interpersonal, leadership and planning skills
· Ability to support a 24/7 operation.
Moving Forward Together: Apply Today!
Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles.
Michelin also offers a full range of innovative services and solutions that help make mobility safer, more efficient and more environmentally friendly. To create unique mobility experiences, Michelin publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases.
Headquartered in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America employs more than 20,000 people and operates 19 major manufacturing plants in the U.S. and Canada.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with our company each year.
Michelin’s status as a great place to work has been validated by the leading authorities on workplace culture:
· Forbes list of “Most Diverse Place to Work” and “Best Employer for New Grads”
· Fortune list of “World Most Admired Companies”
· Voted on the top 50 Employers list by the readers of Minority Engineer magazine, Women Engineer magazine and STEM Workforce Diversity magazine.
· Top Company for Women to work for in Transportation.
Michelin takes an advanced approach to career development, ensuring that you will come for a job but stay for a career. More than 75 percent of our managers are promoted from within, and we offer multiple career development paths to challenge employees to grow and realize their purpose across the span of their individual careers.
Apply now and start your own mobility journey with Michelin today.
Motivated by our Purpose - We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
· Paternity leave
· Maternity leave
· Tuition reimbursement
· Family health care centers and fitness facilities at several company locations
· Fitness membership reimbursement through a network of nationwide facilities
· 529 college savings plan
· A 401(k) match
· Free tires based upon years of service
· An Employee Assistance Program
· A relocation assistance program
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at email@example.com
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship