Electrical Automation Engineer - Experienced Level Professional
Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, is hiring!
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Michelin is currently searching for an Electrical Automation Engineer . The Electrical Automation Engineer role includes aspects of design, analysis, and manufacturing. Electrical engineers support the manufacturing processes and equipment by designing, specifying, purchasing and constructing electrical systems and components.
MISSION: For industrial investment projects within its scope, provides the equipment needed to achieve the project objectives at the best performance / cost ratio, using the standards. Lead the pre-studies to define the most effective solutions. Manage the design or integration by respecting the best practices of its business (internal, external standards, quality system, capitalization, archiving) in collaboration with all the relevant professions. Pilot the realization, installation and commissioning.
· Feasibility studies are carried out with challenged and validated CDCs, the possible solutions are evaluated from the point of view of costs, deadlines, risks, functional choice criteria.
· Designs and acts as project manager, supporting efforts to design, build, install, maintain, and modify our manufacturing equipment.
· Creates initial designs, conducts vendor/contractor management, and oversees installation and startup of projects that range from simple modifications of existing machinery to large-scale expansion projects.
· Provides technical expertise in the maintenance, modification and installation of equipment and machinery.
· Takes part in all electrical related components to include: Various types of sensors, Controls (PLC), Motors, Drives, and Power Distribution
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical experience.
· Automation design skills, familiarity with electrical drawing standards and familiarity with standard Electrical design components.
· Minimum of 2 years industrial automation design experience.
· Automation design experience in PLC/ SLC and Controllogix platform is preferred.
· Experience with drive / motion control is preferred.
· OSI Soft PI, FactoryTalk View SE SCADA, FactoryTalk View ME, SQL Server, PowerFlex & Control Techniques drives, Kinetix servos
· AutoCAD & Solid Edge
· Applicant must be well organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Previous project management and/or team leadership experience is preferred.
· Applicant must have strong communication skills with the ability to influence and resolve issues.
Prefer 5+ years of work experience with the following hardware and software:
· OSI Soft PI
· FactoryTalk View SE SCADA
· FactoryTalk View ME
· SQL Server
· PowerFlex & Control Techniques drives
· Kinetix servos
· SLC500, PLC5, Logix 5000, PLC's
· AutoCAD & Solid Edge
Moving Forward Together: Apply Today!
Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles.
Michelin also offers a full range of innovative services and solutions that help make mobility safer, more efficient and more environmentally friendly. To create unique mobility experiences, Michelin publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases.
Headquartered in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America employs more than 20,000 people and operates 19 major manufacturing plants in the U.S. and Canada.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with our company each year.
Michelin’s status as a great place to work has been validated by the leading authorities on workplace culture:
· Forbes list of “Most Diverse Place to Work” and “Best Employer for New Grads”
· Fortune list of “World Most Admired Companies”
· Voted on the top 50 Employers list by the readers of Minority Engineer magazine, Women Engineer magazine and STEM Workforce Diversity magazine.
· Top Company for Women to work for in Transportation.
Michelin takes an advanced approach to career development, ensuring that you will come for a job but stay for a career. More than 75 percent of our managers are promoted from within, and we offer multiple career development paths to challenge employees to grow and realize their purpose across the span of their individual careers.
Apply now and start your own mobility journey with Michelin today.
Motivated by our Purpose - We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
· Paternity leave
· Maternity leave
· Tuition reimbursement
· Family health care centers and fitness facilities at several company locations
· Fitness membership reimbursement through a network of nationwide facilities
· 529 college savings plan
· A 401(k) match
· Free tires based upon years of service
· An Employee Assistance Program
· A relocation assistance program
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at email@example.com
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship