Michael Kors is always interested in hearing from talented, globally-minded individuals with a passion for fashion.
If you enjoy working in a creative, fast-paced environment, then we would love to hear from you!
Job Title: Associate Designer, Handbags – Outlet
Location: New York, NY
Division/MK or Capri: Outlet
Reporting to (level): Design Director
Who You Are:
An Associate level, prolific Designer with focused knowledge and experience in Women’s Handbag design. You are an energetic and collaborative individual with a strong sense of trend awareness and industry knowledge. You are detail oriented and thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
What You’ll Do:
· Aid in the design and development of the Women’s Outlet Handbag collection through market research, trend analysis, sketching designs, coloring CADS and building comprehensive full scale specs.
· Understand the Michael Kors aesthetic and translate it into brand relevant product.
· Research competitors and luxury market brands, partake in design inspiration shopping trips and store visits.
· Follow up with overseas factories on a daily basis regarding tech packs, style updates, and new developments.
· Communicate updates and changes to cross functional teams (Production, Merchandising, Materials) as needed.
You’ll Need to Have:
· 2-3 years design experience within accessories.
· Strong design and conceptual skills for Handbags
· Ability to create full scale technical specs utilizing CAD
· Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
· Experience communicating development with factories
We’d Love to See:
· Ability to hand sketch designs and sketch on Adobe Illustrator.
· Excellent sense of style and color.
· Strong knowledge of handbag construction in both leather and alternative non-leather materials.
· Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills.
· Design school training.
MK Perks: (Corporate)
· Generous Holiday Schedule
· Internal mobility across Capri Brands (Michael Kors, Jimmy Choo, Versace)
· Michael Kors and Jimmy Choo Discount
· Exclusive Employee Sales
· Fav 5 Cards (MK Discount for friends and family)
· 401k Match
· Paid Parental Leave
· Thrive Wellness Program (seasonal in-office massages and more!)
· Commuter Benefits
· Gym Discounts
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/D/F/V
At Capri, we are all responsible for creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We try to inspire change and growth within each other and believe success is a result that comes from our differences. Capri is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusivity regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. M/D/F/V