The Process Engineer will work in a dynamic environment supporting the manufacture and testing of high purity filters with a focus on quality, process control/improvements, electro-mechanical assembly and material handling. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic team player with high energy and strong engineering skills.
· Maintains efficiency and upkeep of critical manufacturing equipment through effective troubleshooting techniques.
· Identifies and improves yield loss and scrap opportunities.
· Develops and recommends new testing processes and technologies to achieve cost effectiveness and improved product quality.
· Establishes operating equipment specifications and improves manufacturing techniques.
· Inspects performance of machinery, equipment and tools to verify their efficiency and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
· Develops manufacturing processes that demonstrate levels of statistical control.
· Validates new equipment and process changes.
· Develops and/or implements systems improvement projects and supports maintenance and production groups in resolving technical and engineering issues.
· Provides process on assigned Corrective Action Preventive Action (CAPA).
· Trains departmental technicians and operators to ensure sufficient expertise exists within the manufacturing work centers.
· Reviews capital equipment fabrication activities to ensure manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, regulatory safety standards, and user requirements.
· Investigates and develops new processes required to improve manufacturing operations and processes.
· Develops cost estimates, obtains quotes, and generates capital requests to support new processes and capital equipment purchase.
· Leads and participates in Equipment and Process Validations activities per Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) regulations for Medical Device manufacturing.
· Ensures that product quality features meet product specifications and comply with process validation requirements.
· Generates, reviews and approves engineering, manufacturing and quality procedures necessary to support equipment validation/revalidation, launch, and normal production schedules.
· Facilitates training for individuals involved with the operation and maintenance of processes and equipment introduced to the manufacturing department.
· Generates engineering procedures and reviews and approves manufacturing standard operating procedures.
· Develops validation protocols and reports in support of cGMP requirements.
· Initiate, reviews/approves change requests, and develops implementation solutions to support operational needs.
Who you are:
· Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering (or closely related field) and 1+ years of experience in an FDA regulated medical device manufacturing facility, pharmaceutical facility or other regulated industry supporting automated or manual assembly processes.
· Alternatively, Employer is willing to accept a Master’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering (or closely related field) and 1+ years of work experience in an FDA regulated medical device manufacturing facility, Pharmaceutical facility, or other regulated industry supporting automated assembly processes, production, and quality department activities.
· Instrumentation and PLC / code knowledge a plus
· Lean 6 Sigma experience with green or black belt preferred.
Job Requisition ID: 208729
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Nearest Major Market: Bellows Falls
Nearest Secondary Market: Keene
Job Segment: Medical, CAPA, Pharmaceutical, Lean Six Sigma, Medical Device, Healthcare, Management, Science