MilliporeSigma. is integral in ensuring the safety of the food supply by developing and manufacturing innovative food safety solutions, including rapid microbiology test kits and hygiene monitoring systems. We are seeking a Development Scientist (Expert Level 2) for our BioMonitoring R&D Team in Bellevue, WA. with expertise in Molecular Biology, to lead development projects to extend our food pathogen diagnostics portfolio. As a member of a global cross-functional team, and matrix organization the successful candidate will technically lead and coordinate innovation and development projects that are in line with BioMonitoring strategy, communicating with local and global business functions.
· Travel up to 25% within and outside of US
· Independently writes technical reports and technical presentations within area of expertise
· Collaborates with cross-functional subject matter experts, project teams, and a variety of external business partners and network of consultants to advance projects
· Track record of positive impact on project goals
Who You Are:
· PhD in Molecular Biology with 1+ years of Life Science or Biotechnology experience OR MS degree with 2+ years of Life Science or Biotechnology experience.
· 2+ years of experience working in Molecular Genetics including performing multiplex PCR & qPCR primer and probe design, troubleshooting, optimization; restriction digest, cloning.
· Experience working independently on multiple projects in a dynamic environment highly preferred
· Experience performing statistical analysis and interpretation of data preferred
· Demonstrates ability to execute well-designed, decision-making experiments to positively impact project goals
· Expertise in food microbiology, diagnostics and Biohazard Level II environment
· Strong motivation, attention to detail and ability to think independently and fully integrate into a high achieving team environment.
· Strong critical thinking and independent problem-solving skills as evidenced by publication record and/or upward trend in work responsibilities
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in a diverse team environment
· Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment, including rapid changes in priorities and hard deadlines
Job Requisition ID: 205260
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Genetics, Microbiology, Biotech, Scientist, Science, Research