Business Development Manager, Viral and Gene Therapy
The commercial VGT group for the MilliporeSigma is responsible for driving sales and managing client relationships in the Viral & Gene Therapy segment of the biopharmaceutical market. Through our understanding of the market we look to develop and maintain effective business relationships in order to drive long term alliances with the top tier VGT clients in the industry.
This role will consistently achieve or exceed the territory sales plan by applying a working knowledge of Professional, Consultative and Strategic Selling skills to maintain existing business, developing incremental business in existing accounts. In addition, utilize available data sources to analyze and capitalize on strategic territory opportunities with the greatest ROI.
This role requires a comprehensive understanding of the VGT market space, manufacturing technology and the drug development regulatory environment, as well as the ability to make strategic decisions and articulate this future vision to both internal and external audiences at all levels of the organization.
This is a remote / home office environment opportunity with up to 40% travel.
Who You Are:
· Bachelor’s degree in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Virology or related discipline
· 3+ years of sales / technical sales experience or client relationship experience in a bio-manufacturing environment or contract testing service environment.
· 3+ years industry experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment
· Knowledge of Commercial approvals, process development, bioreactor technology, downstream processing and biological safety testing preferred.
· Experience with negotiating long term contracts
· Experience within a regulated environment and ability to interact effectively with process development and quality assurance / quality control professionals
· Strong influencing skills with the ability to manage projects across functions
· Strong negotiating skills.
· Ability to act as “voice of the expert”, provide effective communication to achieve solid working relationships with customers.
Job Requisition ID: 192898
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Nearest Major Market: Asheville
Job Segment: Business Development, Biotech, Biology, Pharmaceutical Sales, Sales, Science