Part Time, 22.5 hours
Salary - £21,500 - £32,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Location – Waltham on the Wolds, Leicestershire
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES® and UNCLE BEN’S®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Mars Petcare operates as the No. 1 manufacturer within Petcare, with some of the largest brands (Whiskas, Pedigree, Sheba, Cesar, Dreamies & Catsan).
This role reports to the Category & Marketing Director, working across the UK Petcare Demand functions, providing executive PA support to the Category & Marketing Team and the Customer Development Team
The role is part time – 22.5 hours spread across 5 day working week. Expectation 9:30am – 2:30pm.
This role plays a crucial part in the effective delivery of the UK Petcare brand plans by providing support for the UK Petcare Demand teams from administrative support for the departmental Directors (e.g. diary management, travel bookings) to supporting lead teams major business activities e.g. Sales events, operating plans and annual conference.
· Provide comprehensive proactive PA support for the Demand Directors – Customer Development, and Category & Marketing. Including but not limited to diary management, travel, expenses and being the first point of contact.
· Specific Category & Marketing Support including –
· HPC for Lead Team
· Team Meetings
· Specific Customer Development Support including -
· Provide support to the project leader for: Periodic Team, Biannual and Annual Sales specific meetings.
· Liaison with Channel / Trade contact base
· Sales recognition and reward scheme, process and administration.
· HPC for Customer Development Leadership Team
· Provide support to the project leader for the planning and execution of major Demand Team events and annual Customer Development conference
· Be flexible to support all day / offsite meetings, including potential evenings, as arranged through the year – prior notice will be given
· Support when required for Senior Mars visits and external visitors
To do this role you’ll need:
· Functional/technical proficiency in Microsoft Office & Outlook. In addition, expertise in using conference call technology, VC - Polycom, Sharepoint, Skype for Business.
· Ideally previous experience in large FMCG, matrixed organization
· Previous experience of providing administrative support and co-ordinating events, ideally working with / for senior leaders
· This role requires a high degree of independence and motivation to prioritise workload as well as the resilience and ability to manage at high pace while remaining calm under pressure.
· The job-holder must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally and have a desire to proactively make continuous improvements.
In return we offer:
• Great career progression
• Range of in-house training opportunities
• Competitive salary, bonus and range of large company benefits
We know it’s important to you to find out as much about us as possible, so following a review of your CV the first stage will be a telephone interview with the hiring manager and a chance for you to ask lots of questions. If successful you will be invited to an interview day in front of our panel. Don’t worry you’ll have plenty of time to prepare.
Closing date: 24 th April
To open up a dialogue, please click on the APPLY button below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Segment: Administrative Assistant, Secretary, Executive Assistant, Developer, Sharepoint, Administrative, Technology