A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Process Operators are system experts in their assigned area, and are highly functional in multiple areas. Process Operators must also ensure efficiency, operational conformance, product quality and continuous improvement. Functions as a member of an area team which is directly responsible for the efficient production of quality products in the required quantities. Operate/change over specified machinery in the assigned area. Process Operators must have the skill set to train and/or perform the tasks of other associates in the area as needed. This job requires Strong Communication, Interpersonal and Team Building skills to support site objectives.
· Follow recipes and formulas to produce food products that have a very specific texture, color, flavor and clarity.
· Record test and production data for every product batch, including information regarding test results, temperature, time cycle and ingredients utilized.
· Use an agitator or paddle to blend and mix ingredients as called for in recipe instructions, or operate vats that mix and heat ingredients mechanically.
· Measure, weigh and select ingredients with the assistance of balance scales and English or metric measures.
· Observe, monitor and adjust thermometers and gauges throughout the production process to ensure that the mixing chamber temperature is kept within the correct temperature parameters.
· Start equipment and turn valve controls as needed to maintain product quality during production.
· Monitor and listen to equipment to detect audible or visual signs of malfunctions, including plugs, leaks and other failures. Report any malfunctions or quality issues immediately to supervisors.
· Clean and sterilize factory processing areas and food production vats daily.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES :
· Performs all assigned activities & job tasks within a line or area
· Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
· Takes corrective actions in solving problems to root cause level.
· Able to assess equipment operating reliability and perform routine repairs, adjustments and malfunction troubleshooting.
· Performs and/or works with Maintenance to complete equipment PM's.
· Able to maintain accurate records of QC checks, production numbers or waste performance.
· Keeps detailed log books: Performs all shift support documentation in a quality matter
· Performs QC tasks such as magnet and screen checks, inspection of sensory, etc.
· High degree of ownership for product quality: Performs all standard quality checks & other quality related duties
· Able to operate HMI.
· Able to operate a computer and utilize the basic standard desktop systems
· Understands principles of inventory control, and P&ID Process Flows
· Understands production schedules, production computer systems, work instructions
High school diploma or equivalent
Excellent reading and writing skills in English
Excellent math skills for weights and measures of ingredients
Certified operating a fork lift.
5-8 years confectionary/food industry flavor blending experience
Basic Microsoft Office computer skills and SAP computer skills
Intermediate problem solving skills
· Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, taking initiative with team along with other team members to train, motivate and solve problems.
· Demonstrated ability for communication, verbally and written, along with good listening and organizing skills.
· Participates in and supports the team with a 'pro-team' attitude. Works well with others and has good team skills.
· Shows initiative in self and team development, is reliable, uses time wisely and is willing to accept change.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Harrisburg
Job Segment: ERP, SAP, Technology