A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Assures “fit for purpose” for raw and packaging materials that meet/exceed the needs of the regional manufacturing sites and end-users. Ongoing responsibilities of the role include ensuring continuous supplier process improvement, identifying and executing cost improvement initiatives, assuring food/human/product safety, continuous quality improvement, and performing supplier site visits and audits. The role requires functional expertise in food, organics and/or snack materials with preferred experience in Cocoa. The Supplier Quality Assurance Technologist interacts extensively with the Commercial buying team, manufacturing, product, and commodity development functions with a special emphasis and deep functional knowledge within a unique commercial buying category (i.e., cocoa, fat/oils, peanuts, gum, colors, etc.).
What we're looking for:
· BS degree in Chemistry, Food Science, Engineering or related technical field
· 3 years of experience in a technical area such as R&D product development, quality systems, laboratory management, manufacturing, or engineering
· Ability to travel 50% of the time
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· 2+ years of experience with direct supplier chain quality management
· 5+ years of experience in a technical area such as R&D product development, quality systems, auditing, food safety, laboratory management, manufacturing, or engineering
What you'll be doing:
· Assures quality and consistency of raw materials and packaging supply within the region.
· Creates material risk assessments and supplier improvement plans
· Works in partnership with Commercial Buying Team and Site-based Quality Services to identify and execute inbound material cost, quality, food safety and efficiency improvement projects
· Manages all inbound supply risks including material security, quality, food/product safety and regulatory compliance.
· Performs supplier site audits and ensures completion of identified corrective actions
· Communicates effectively with multiple internal customers in Commercial, R&D and Supply
· Performs supplier performance reviews and manages supplier performance metrics
What to Expect from Mars:
· The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
· An industry competitive salary and benefits package.
· To be respected and valued.
· The Five Principles at the center of every decision
· The opportunity to work cross functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to come.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Allentown
Job Segment: Engineer, Quality Assurance, Business Process, Engineering, Technology, Management