The SQA Category Expert ensures the supply of raw materials complying with Mars Quality Standards in the field of expertise by auditing key suppliers, enhancing their ability to continuously improve their performance and through advising/training relevant stakeholders and peers.
This is a fixed term role for 24 months and can based at any European Petcare site.
What are we looking for?
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in a Science or Engineering discipline or equivalent
· Experience in leading continuous improvement projects with a multi-functional team
· Knowledge of risk management and quality tools
· Preferably Certified lead auditor
· Able and willing to travel in Europe (up to 40%)
· Fluent in English and ideally another language
What would be your key responsibilities?
· Manage the knowledge and expertise in the relevant field in order to improve quality management processes and lead/support relevant workstreams and projects, this also includes trainings and being sought for advice.
· Provide input into the selection process for potential new suppliers for Mars Petcare and the verification of alternative materials and suppliers.
· Complete supplier risk assessments in the portfolio to ensure all food safety, quality and legal risks associated with materials, suppliers, their storage and transport are robustly managed and ensure all known supplier related risks are covered and up to date.
· Continuously manage and improve Supplier Relationship Management and enhance supplier performance.
· Responsible for applying the defined Standards, processes and procedures and fulfilling relevant KPIs like conducting supplier audits, management and reduction of supplier non-conformances, etc.
· Support the development and enhancement of internal systems and tools to improve quality reporting and data management efficiency
What can you expect from Mars?
· Responsibility and freedom to drive your own ideas
· An open & international work environment of a global family-owned business
· Personal & professional development, e.g. through global trainings from Mars University
· Attractive conditions and extensive social benefits
Job Segment: Category Manager, Engineer, Risk Management, Data Management, Relationship Manager, Retail, Engineering, Finance, Data, Customer Service