A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Senior Pet Nutrition Scientist
The Senior Nutrition Scientist provides critical support to the Mars Pet Nutrition business by applying technical mastery of pet nutrition and scientific claims across the organization. This role helps ensure our products are supported by the most current and accurate science to maintain and grow the competitive market position. This role will assist with conducting claims/product research and consumer research that can be directly leveraged into product marketplace applications.
What are we looking for?
· M.S. in animal/biological sciences, nutrition, biochemistry, food science. PhD preferred
· Minimum 2 years (5+ years preferred) of experience in animal health and nutrition field.
· Ability to communicate and present to Senior Level stakeholders
· Pet food industry experience preferred.
· Experience with innovative/new ingredients, materials and products preferred
What would your key responsibilities be?
· Provide critical science insights for product initiatives and claims
· Provide nutritional expertise to key stakeholders to maintain business continuity
· Conduct scientific/technical evaluation & assessment of key competitor products and claims
· Conduct consumer and claims research that can be leveraged into product marketplace applications
· Collect and evaluate relevant pet health insights and research findings
· Communicate and exchange research findings with senior leaders in the organization
· Develop publications and promotional materials for new and existing products
· Develop and provide companion animal nutrition training
What can you expect Mars?
· The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
· An industry competitive salary and benefits package.
· To be respected and valued.
· The Five Principles at the center of every decision
· The opportunity to work cross functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to come.]
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Nashville
Job Segment: Scientific, Engineering