A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
To establish and monitoring the Master Program for the cleaning and pest control of the site which has to be align with the Mars Quality Programs, HACCP and FSCC 22000 requirements. To coordinate the supplier companies to performance the cleaning and pest control activities in the site.
· Accountable for all site cleaning and pest control activities - Manage the efforts of operating teams and contractor in the efficient execution of the Cleaning and Pest Control Master Plan in a safe, secure and sanitary manner.
· Safety . Ensuring compliance to all HSE (Hygiene, safety and environment) standards and procedures, and driving the behavioral based safety system with his/her team.
· Quality and Food Safety . Ensuring full compliance to the Mars QMP (HACCP plan). Accountable for the PROP sanitization and pest control for the Dry and Wet operations.
· Productivity . Establish robust systems for cleaning and pest control that support the operation continuity (TRS).
· Cost . Ensure the operation performance is managed within agreed budgets and cost target
Education & Professional Qualification
· An undergraduate degree, preferably in one of the Engineering, basic sciences, food or chemistry.
· Bilingual - Ability to communicate clearly in English
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in a food production environment.
· Working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP, ISO, etc.
· Ability to convey communications clearly and concisely at all levels of the organization.
· Effective management of crisis processes and the ability to tolerate an ambiguous environment.
Key Supporting Competencies
· Deliver Consistent Results
· Creates Collaborative Relationships
· Conflict Management.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Segment: Engineer, Engineering