A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Regional Project Engineer – Full Time – Veghel, the Netherlands
Become the backbone of our technology and provide cutting-edge equipment that gives us significant technological advantages. We promise you'll play a key role in creating and sharing Mars products and be engaged and challenged every step of the way, while being part of a diverse and inclusive team.
Drive how we produce and deliver products people love around the globe. Based on your technical expertise, together with your supervision and management skills, you will be assisting multidisciplinary teams working with a portfolio of engineering activities.
· Managing the investment budget of the projects you deliver;
· Ensuring that human safety, Q&FS and other relevant global/regional legal obligations and standards are implemented into technical solutions, during the installation and execution of the projects;
· Sharing your engineering expertise with other departments to grow knowledge;
· Keeping up to date on industry trends and issues, related to your expertise area;
· Translating theoretical models into practical solutions;
· Communicating regularly with the Regional Engineering Manager, the functional pillar leader, the overall project-leader and with the relevant stakeholders in our business.
Education & Professional Qualifications (Your CV will need to reflect the following qualifications)
· A bachelor's degree in engineering
· 3 - 5 years' detailed experience detailed technical engineering (eg. Piping, Cooling- and thermodynamics technology, Packaging specifications or equipment)
· Knowledge and experience with P&ID's
· Know-how of relevant (financial) business processes
· Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and written
Knowledge / Experience
· Project Management training advanced
· Good communication skills in English, both written as verbal.
· Specific expertise in an area as packaging, process, controls is required.
Develop your future & belong to something bigger
At Mars, we are a relationship-driven culture. We celebrate the teams we work in, and our Associates benefit from a nurturing and caring environment. You won't be alone: you'll have great mentors and colleagues along the way. Since our people are seeking continuous improvement for self-development and growth, we offer you several development programmes, provided by our award-winning Mars University.
Since we are all in it together, we offer you:
· Above-average annual wages and flexible working hours
· 25 days of annual leave and 2 collective days off
· Flexible working hours
· Growing beyond what you can possibly imagine
· Benefits that make your life easier and more fun, including your own company pension scheme, life insurance and corporate gym memberships
Are you ready to rewrite the rules and build new solutions?
Apply online using the link below, and tell us more about your achievements.
Remember: we care less about the ‘what' and more about the ‘how'.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Engineer, Project Manager, Network, Engineering, Technology