A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The purpose of this role is to evaluate business requirements for periodic and quarterly reporting for Quality & Food Safety metrics, effective data management and analysis resulting in extracting key insights and call to action. Establish the best practices for metrics review based on Corporate team dashboards, and train those who need to use these tools. Additional responsibility as a Nexus system functional expert where the associate will support the Nexus program lead as needed, including individual application ownership and deployment, updating training, training new users, troubleshooting system issues, submitting/testing system improvements, etc.
What we are looking for:
· Bachelor's degree in Food Safety, data analytics, business or related degree
· 3+ years' experience working with Quality Management Systems and Quality metrics (preferably within quality and/or food safety)
· Foundational knowledge of Quality Assurance
· Drive for results and call to action to enable continuous improvement
· Good analytical skills, ability to identify trends and key insights
· Travel up to 20%
· Previous Food industry experience
· PowerBI or Tableau experience, preferably creation/design of dashboards
· 3+ years' experience in a technical reporting and strong data analysis role
· Foundational knowledge of Food Safety
· Creates data quality standards to ensure accuracy and completeness of information, while ensuring that timely delivery of evaluation. Leads compilation, analysis, and distribution of time-sensitive Quality reports
· Collaborates with numerous senior stakeholders (ie. Global QFS, Corp R&D, etc) to understand business requirements and leverages Corporate team dashboards to support effective review and response of quality and food safety metrics. Partners with Corporate team and Mars Digital Technology as needed to support this activity.
· Analyze data trends from a global lens and provide insight to Global/Regional Quality groups.
· Drive continuous improvement in the global Q&FS data analytics capabilities and performance measurements to ensure that the global quality teams have clear goals and defined metrics that support our ambition to be a leading quality organization.
· Nexus System Functional Expert; creates & updates training material. Conducts training of new users. Provides access to users, troubleshoots technical issues, submits service tickets, submits improvement requests, and tests issues/improvements once completed. Maintains governance of user groups and permissions.
· Segment liaison with Corp R&D for governance and metrics, dashboard creation, testing, etc.
What can you expect from Mars?
· The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
· An industry competitive salary and benefits package.
· To be respected and valued.
· The Five Principles at the center of every decision we make.
· The opportunity to work cross functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to come.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Segment: Quality Assurance, Data Management, Data Analyst, Technology, Data