Being a Mars Associate is all about opportunity. The opportunity to do the kind of challenging, interesting work that shapes the world's best-loved brands. To work with real purpose, supported by talented, friendly people from all sorts of different backgrounds. And to access the tools, training, and experience you need to have a positive impact on our business, on the planet, and, most importantly, on your own career. Being a Mars Associate is more than a job. It's the opportunity to start your tomorrow, today.
Professional Development Manager – Remote Position
The Eukanuba Professional Development Manager will implement the Eukanuba PRO market strategy and will assist the PRO Pillar to achieve its awareness, growth and recommendation goals. This position is responsible for calling directly on breeders, kennel clubs, training organizations and other key influencers within the dog breeding, performance and showing communities. This position will include working with our Sporting Dog segment. Knowledge and experience with outdoor sporting events and competitions related to hunt test and field trial competitions, upland, waterfowl, and other outdoor competition segments are desirable.
What are we looking for?
· Bachelor’s degree in business, animal health or a related field or 3+ years proven experience in animal health/pet food sales.
· Experience with sporting dog activities, dog breeding, dog training, and performance related activities.
· Familiarity with dog breeds and the original working purpose of these breeds.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills (oral and written).
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
· Highly organized, able to set priorities and manage multiple tasks.
· Overnight and weekend travel of between 40% and 60% is normally required.
What would be your key responsibilities?
· Establish and grow relationships with clubs, training facilities, breeding kennels and other performance related organizations. Enable Eukanuba sales growth by influencing purchase, testimonials and recommendations among these key Influencers and from these advocates and influencers to promote to retail sales.
· Achieve total growth and product penetration objectives within target customer groups.
· Ability to translate knowledge of our products, categories and customer data into business opportunities.
· Deliver presentations and communicate effectively in group settings and with multiple key influence groups.
· Collaborate across PRO and Retail channels to help achieve an optimal customer experience.
· Contact and coordinate interaction with Clubs and organizations at their meetings, trade shows, events and educational seminars.
· Coordinate management requests for information, offer feedback on marketing activities and provide management visibility to competitive initiatives.
· Budget and reporting: Manage an expense and sales budget. Complete CRM call reports (Salesforce knowledge is a plus), expense reports, event summaries and presentations in a timely and accurate manner.
What can you expect from Mars?
· The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
· An industry competitive salary and benefits package.
· To be respected and valued.
· The Five Principles at the center of every decision we make
The opportunity to work cross functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to come.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Segment: Manager, Marketing Manager, CRM, Management, Marketing, Technology