A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Job Title: Pneumatic Conveying System Technician
· Maintain baseline condition for all pneumatic conveying systems.
· Develop and maintain knowledge of and expertise on all products within the pneumatic conveying system.
· Develop, review, and maintain system design standards, guides, and best practices for pneumatic conveying systems.
· Utilize proper diagnostic practices to maintain pneumatic conveying systems.
· Study breakdowns and failures then implement corrective short/long term actions to mitigate issue.
· Provide and assist technical leadership and oversight regarding all process engineering and design of pneumatic conveying systems and associated mechanical components.
· Manage small to large projects as needed to meet and improve equipment safety, regulatory compliance, reliability, performance, and maintenance costs, to achieve desired product quality and production rates.
· Train and mentor appropriate personnel with operating principles, and system troubleshooting for pneumatic conveying systems.
We are looking for
· Self-motivated and results-oriented, committed, and determined to achieve goals
· Passionate about pneumatic conveying technology
· Quickly understands and analyses complex issues and problems. Comes up with sound and rational judgments
· Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
· On call for site needs
System Technicians are responsible for making regular, systematic improvements in the safety, efficiency, and reliability of the equipment in their assigned systems. The Systems Technician defines, maintains and executes the Progressive maintenance (PM) program for their assigned systems. The Systems Technician also is responsible for driving continuous improvement on their assigned systems, working with Engineering, Technical Services and Production in the design and implementation of new equipment and processes.
· Creation and maintenance of the preventative work schedule for assigned equipment, including keeping all associated documentation in CMMS.
· Ensuring PM's are executed on schedule.
· Identification of recurring problems and the development of effective solutions to reduce the level of unplanned maintenance.
· Ensuring all PM/planned work orders are coordinated through the PM/Scheduler.
· Training Shift Technicians in the maintenance of assigned equipment and keeping them fully informed about any modifications being made to the equipment.
· Supporting Shift Technicians in tackling complex work orders.
· Application of predictive maintenance technologies and implementation of condition-based monitoring systems on assigned systems in coordination with CBM (Condition based Maintenance) Techs.
· System reliability improvement through on-going efforts of the area team, as well as active participation with Project Engineers in the design of new systems.
· Participation in the general administration of the Maintenance Department through the effective use of MIS and Microsoft Outlook as well as involvement in safety, housekeeping, and Best Practice initiatives.
· Can perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
· Must be able to adapt to temperature and environmental extremes such as hot and cold, dust, dirt and chemicals.
· Able to complete all tasks assigned by the manager abiding by the Quality Practices and Mars Safety Practices.
· Every associate at Mars has the responsibility for the achievement of quality and food safety.
Education & Professional Qualifications
· Technical Degree, Certificate in Reliability, Electrical, Mechanical. Completion of Multi-trade Technician apprenticeship.
Knowledge / Experience
· Candidate with experience in plant operations, including significant knowledge of instrumentation and controls or must have 3 years of experience in a maintenance capacity within a manufacturing environment. Must provide specific experience detailing on bidding sheet.
· Electrical/Electronics-install and repair troubleshoot, test, and repair Single and 3-phase powered equipment. Troubleshoot, test, and repair AC and DC control systems. Troubleshoot, test, and repair AC variable speed and servo drives
· Have working knowledge of precision instrumentation installation, repair and calibration (flow meters, pressure transducers, capacitance, inductance and ultra-sonic sensors, vision systems, temperature controls, microwave position sensors, digital/analog devices, Hart, Dolphin and AMS software)
· Programmable Logic Controller installation, troubleshooting, repair and software programming, modification, and adjustment (Modicon, Allen Bradley Proworks, Omron, Concept and Unity Software).
· Electronic test equipment operation (multi-meter, meg-ohm meter, amp probe, Hart Communicator, oscilloscope, power analyzer).
· Repair replace and set-up of fiber optic devices and cabling.
· Working knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems and their controls.
· Operation, repair, and programming of robotic equipment.
· Machining skills, including operation of milling machines and lathes.
· Steel fabrication and repair.
· Blueprint reading.
· Thermal processing instruments and controls.
· Proper use of hand and power tools.
· Confined space entry training.
· Working at heights training.
· Forklift operation training and certification.
· FDA Better Process Control certification
· Most recent Performance rating of “Meets Expectations” or higher and not more than 1 year old.
· No active caution notices.
· Acceptable attendance. Physical requirements: Ability to perform all needed physical activities without restrictions. (Maximum of 50 pounds lifting).
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Columbus
Nearest Secondary Market: Dublin
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Technician, Electrical, Engineer, Instrumentation, Engineering, Technology