Pet Unit Facilitator
Waltham Petcare Science Institute
£26,000 - £40,000
Full time Monday-Friday
1 in 5 weekends
Circa 3 bank holidays will be required to work per year
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to work as a Pet Unit Facilitator in our Unit Operations team at Waltham Petcare Science Institute. Reporting into one of our Unit Managers the role is pivotal to the overall objective of the Unit Operations team which is to deliver research, and care for the animals on site. While the Pet Unit Facilitator role will involve working directly with our dogs and cats, the main responsibility is to co-ordinate the wider team to ensure tasks are completed efficiently and to ensure the department is running smoothly through careful organisation. The Pet Unit Facilitator role will suit a career-focused and highly organised individual who has leadership qualities and the ability to spin multiple plates at once; offering excellent career progression opportunities across the institute, this role will be highly suited to somebody who would eventually like to become a Unit Manager.
THE PET UNIT FACILITATOR JOB
The purpose of the role is to facilitate the day to day running of one or more of our 8 animal units at the Waltham Petcare Science Institute. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills in a varied role, in which you can develop your network and knowledge of the business.
PET UNIT FACILITATOR KEY OUTPUTS
In this role your areas of responsibility will be:
· Resource scheduling and coordinating work for your designated unit(s)
· Administration duties- handling data
· Being a key influencer of quality, safety and welfare
· Developing and delivering a number of continuous improvement activities that drive quality and effectiveness
· Act as Duty Associate on some weekends and Bank Holidays
PET UNIT FACILITATOR QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
· Educated to Degree level (desirable) or equivalent in a scientific discipline
· Previous experience within a coordination/facilitator/administrator role
· Highly organised with the ability to multi-task
· Career driven with leadership qualities
· IT literate with excellent communication skills
· Experience of working in an operational research setting (e.g. laboratory or research institute) and experience of animal welfare would be advantageous
If you're looking for your next adventure and the chance to work with a global, successful and innovative brand, please get in touch!
"We are committed to equal opportunity employment practices."
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, Finance