A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Pet Specialist - Feeding Dogs and Cats - Thompsons Station, TN
The focus of this role is to provide for the daily nutritional needs of the pets within the MARS Petcare Feeding Facility, including the execution of the feeding protocols within the guidelines of the MARS Global feeding methodologies.
What are we looking for?
· High School Diploma or GED
· Minimum 1-3 years of experience interacting with cats/dogs
· Knowledge in animal facility operations (minimum 1 year of experience)
· Computer skills
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Knowledge of animal health and management issues
· Knowledge of animal nutrition
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
· BS or MS in the Biological Sciences
· Experience working in an animal facility or Veterinary Hospital
· Experience in data collection and analysis
What would be your key responsibilities?
· Member of the Feeding Protocol Execution Team
· Preparation and feeding of the daily diets for all pets within the feeding facility.
· Completion of specialized feeding trials and protocols.
· Adherence to the MARS Animal Management Program.
· Recording of requested data according to study protocols (i.e. consumption timing, amounts eaten, body weights, etc.)
· Ensure that data collected is complete and adheres to the protocol objective.
· Responsible for the quality and accuracy of the data being delivered back to the business.
· Implementation of environmental enrichment and exercise programs for pets
· Evaluation of feces quality
· Assist with daily husbandry which may include pet grooming and the cleaning of pet quarters
What can you expect from Mars?
· The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
· An industry competitive salary and benefits package.
· To be respected and valued.
· The Five Principles at the center of every decision we make.
· The opportunity to work cross functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to come.
If you’re passionate about our brands, a great strategic thinking, deliver high quality decision and have a high drive for results, then we want to hear from you. Click ‘apply’ in this position.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Nashville