A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
This position will be for the Ethel M Factory Store located in Henderson, NV.
This role is responsible for providing an exceptional experience for our Guests in a sales associate position. All Guests should feel welcome and have an authentic, personal, and memorable Ethel M Chocolates’ experience in our friendly, engaging retail environment. The primary focus of this role is to convert our guests to purchase our unique product by delivering a personal experience of remarkable taste and discovery, inspiring our consumers to embrace and share their love of chocolate.
DRIVE RESULTS / GUEST SERVICE- ACHIEVE OUR GOALS
· Consistently and authentically follows Ethel M sales approach
· Demonstrates pace with a sense of direction and purpose and actively approaches Guests
· Asks open ended questions to determine the Guests needs
· Shares product knowledge including chocolate facts with Guests that relates to the customers needs
· Shows focus items as well as add-ons or additional items
· Conducts product demonstrations as needed
· Thanks Guests and encourages them to return
· Contributes to and is knowledgeable of store sales goals and results
· Is proficient in enhanced areas of the retail shop including the Café, the Demonstration area and the Tasting Room experience.
· Balances serving multiple Guests and completing multiple tasks
· Acts as a positive role model for others by demonstrating passion and enthusiasm
PRESENTATION EXCELLENCE- CREATE A VISUALLY EXCITING MERCHANDISE PRESENTATION BY DELIVERING OUR BRAND STANDARD PROMISE
· Is knowledgeable of and upholds Ethel M Chocolates’ visual merchandise standards
· Notifies the Manager of any re-stocking or re-merchandising opportunities
· Straightens sales floor by picking up trash or merchandise
· Proactive in sales floor recovery by adhering to standards to enhance the stores appearance
· Consistently adheres to stock processing standards
· Completes open and closing cleaning procedures
OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE- ENSURING OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCES WHILE DELIVERING AN EXCITING RETAIL EXPERIENCE
· Compliance to all company policies and procedures including Loss Prevention, Safety/Emergency, and Quality & Food Safety
· Ensures all areas of the store including the sales floor and Backstage are neat, clean, organized, operational and safe
· Ability to use equipment/tools in support of the job function, in a safe and responsible manner
· Follows all food safety guidelines
PERSONAL LEADERSHIP- EXEMPLIFY LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES THAT DRIVE A HIGH PERFORMING, HIGHLY ENGAGED TEAM
· Trains new associates, as needed.
· Must be on time for work and take breaks in timely manner
· Adheres to all dress code standards
· Ability to represent our brand appropriately and responsibly
· Ability to maintain standards in designated area of responsibility
· Ability to manage time at work effectively and efficiently
· Must be able to contribute to the success of the team in a positive way
· Sense of urgency in handling job responsibilities
· Exemplifies the Five Principles of Mars
· Be an inspiration to others, ethically and professionally
· Ability to develop personal skills and capability through on-going training, as provided by the company
· Supportive of management decisions
· Other duties as assigned by the management team
Mission Critical Competencies
· Customer Focus
· Integrity and Trust
· Drive for Results
· Interpersonal Savvy
· Peer Relationships
Key Functional Retail Knowledge Skills/Knowledge
· Guest Service
· Brand / Product Knowledge
· Store Operations
· Business Acumen
· Personnel Policies and Procedures
· Demonstrated ability for mathematical skills
· Ability to lift 30 pounds
· Retail experience is preferred, not required
· Experience with guests in a service oriented environment
· High school degree
Decision Making Authority and Impact
· Ability to make immediate decisions regarding customer service issues
· Ability to make recommendations to enhance operational and associate needs
· Must be able to work a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Las Vegas
Job Segment: Merchandising, Sales, Retail