Mars Wrigley (MW) are looking for a Packaging Fitter to join the MW Supply Team based in Asquith. Home to many well-known brands such as Snickers, Mars, M&M’s & Eclipse, we are proud to make some of Australia’s most loved confectionery brands.
A brilliant opportunity has become available in this very collaborative and well-formed team. This role is set in a high-speed environment that is responsible for the wrapping and packaging of Wrigley products including Pellet gum and Eclipse mints. Working directly under the direction of the Team Leader and Leading Hand, you will be accountable for all packaging related equipment and machinery, which extends to preventative maintenance on machines, while adhering to all Quality and Food Safety standards and procedures.
What would be your key responsibilities?
· Repair faulty / broken packaging equipment whilst identifying the root cause of the issue
· Preventative maintenance on machines
· Completing required paperwork related to any incidents / breakdowns, safety, and quality
· Ensuring all lines are fully operational and any potential fault is immediately addressed with a sense of urgency
What are we looking for?
· Understands the importance of working with a sense of urgency and remaining calm under high pressure situations
· Ability to take ownership of your work and prioritise your workload
· Someone who has a mechanical mindset and loves to problem solve
· Open and honest communication skills; always being visible to the operators
If you’re wanting to join a business where there is lots of autonomy and responsibility, then this is for you! In an environment built on mutual trust and respect this role would be perfectly suited for someone who is looking for their next career move and progression within the mechanical trade.
What can you expect from Mars?
· Awarded #4 in the Best Places to Work Australia survey for 2020
· Global health and wellbeing program to support work-life balance
· Opportunity to make a difference with our volunteer and ambassador programs
· Opportunities to learn and grow with continued support throughout your career
COVID-19: The health & safety of our associates, candidates and our community are very important to us. Therefore, we will be completing all of our recruitment processes via digital channels for the near future. If you require any assistance or alternatives, please contact us directly.