A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The position is the primary Quality and Food Safety (Q&FS) partner (‘the face of R&D’) for the Value Stream in providing technical leadership in the implementation and continuous improvement of the Quality Management Process (QMP) within the value stream that enable the reliable delivery of products that meet all external legislative requirements and all internal Quality & Food Safety global standards.
What we are looking for:
· BS degree in Food Science, Food Safety, Engineering, Chemistry or related technical field
· 2+ years of demonstrated success in manufacturing and/or quality experience
· Previous food or beverage related experience
· Willing to travel up to 10%
· 2+ years of experience in different quality related areas such as raw materials, distribution, or manufacturing
· Previous experience in a manufacturing site managing quality and food safety management systems responsible position related to food safety or Quality and food safety management system
· Responsible for the quality agenda in the value stream (coordination, management). Drives Q&FS business initiatives at the value stream level
· Q&FS leader in value stream FMOS meetings and quality reviews
· Key interface for R&D related activities within the value stream. Conduct line trial risk assessment and endorse line trial/ raw material exception test forms prior to approval by site Q&FS manager. Represent Q&FS at handover meetings
· Coordinate QMP in the value stream (CAPAs, internal audits, continuous improvement, document creation & control)
· Implement global Mars standards into the value stream & drive to full compliance
· Manage the food safety program within the value stream including achieving compliance with any required external standards (e.g. FSCC 22000, GFSI) including responsibility as the site Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) for Food Safety Modernization Act. HACCP/Food Safety Plans lead for the value stream. Govern the GMP/GHP and CCP/OPRP programs within the value stream
· First line Q&FS incident management including handling coordination with outside stakeholders when needed – incident coordinator until RA1. Lead root cause analysis investigation of incidents. Track and report on incident closure
· Follow up consumer & customer complaints, Lead consumer and customer complaints action plan within value stream
· Visual Product Quality (KAPPA) implementation in the value stream
· Technical input to Value Stream related activities (new equipment installation, etc.)
· Reduce incidents related to change management through building capability with operations and reliability on risk assessments
What can you expect from Mars?
· The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
· An industry competitive salary and benefits package.
· To be respected and valued.
· The Five Principles at the center of every decision we make.
· The opportunity to work cross functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to come.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Engineer, Outside Sales, Document Management, Safety Engineer, Engineering, Sales, Customer Service, Technology