A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
**$1500.00 SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE**
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Hours: The first half of the year: 7 days a week only 6:00 am - 4:30 pm. 2 Day shifts. Both shifts are 4 days 10-hour shifts for this time period. The second half of the year run 24/7 and 4 shifts. These shifts are 12 hours, 4 on 3 off, 3 on 4 off.
The maintenance technicians are system experts in their assigned area and are highly functional in multiple areas. In this role you must also ensure efficiency, operational conformance, product quality and continuous improvement. Functions as a member of a maintenance area team which is directly responsible for the efficient maintenance of a group of assets to a baseline state. Effectively troubleshoot Operate/change over specified machinery in the assigned area. This job requires strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills to support site objectives.
· Machine troubleshooting and problem solving
· Responsible for both reactive and preventive maintenance work including:
· Regularly scheduled preventive maintenance work (PMs)
· Non-routine maintenance work (planned work)
· Reactive maintenance (unplanned work orders i.e equipment down, QFS issues, HSE issues)
· Demonstrated ability to work well in team environment, taking initiative with team along with other team members to train, motivate, and solve problems.
· Demonstrated ability for communication, verbally and written, along with good listening, and organizing skills
· Participates in and supports the team with a "pro-team" attitude. Works well with others and has good team skills.
· Shows initiative in self and team development, is reliable, uses time wisely and willing to accept change.
· Active participant in team engagement and team building initiatives.
· Understands Lock Out Tag Out and can apply it
· Demonstrates high regard for safety processes (work permits, LOTO, working at heights, etc.)
· Demonstrates effective shift communications. Attend and participates in shift overlaps, daily meetings as required, and submits high quality shift notes at end of shift.
· Responsible for supporting operations in changeovers, shutdowns, start-ups, equipment breakdowns, short stops, or process failures.
Context and Scope
Day In the life of a maintenance technician:
· As a maintenance technician you will report on time for your shift.
· Participate in shift hand off meetings with your peer (CP0).
· You will review you're assigned daily work schedule, plan you're activities, and execute the work.
· Participate in daily toolbox meetings (CP1).
· Will answer and respond to any unplanned Mx requests that arise during your shift.
· This role will be for a night shift position. Any day shift rotations will be a benefit to the associate but not guaranteed. This site runs a variable schedule. During the months of January - June we typically run 1 shift 7 days a week. This would be a 10 hr 4 day a week rotation. During the months of June to December we run 2-12 hr shifts 7 days a week. This role will need to accept any business changes and potential shift changes.
· Behavioural Expectations:
· Carry yourself in a respectful professional manner.
· Approach line calls with a positive, warm, and welcoming demeanour.
· Always communicate in a positive manner assuming positive intent.
· Give your best effort and support your team members.
· Functional Expectations:
· Basic hand tool use and care
· Tidy organization of tools, shop equipment, and parts
· Basic understanding of parts inventory, parts ordering, and parts requests
· Understanding of how to use a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and the important aspects of it.
· Basic understanding of closing out work orders, and shift notes.
· Reliable, on time to work at the start of shift.
· Proper shift handovers
· If the need arises that you should have to stay over for OT to help solve a problem.
· Perform period trainings, quizzes, near miss, t-card evaluations, and CAREs cards inspections.
· Ability to work alone, with a high degree of drive to accomplish tasks without supervision.
Education & Professional Qualifications
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Industrial Maintenance Certification, Associate's, or Bachelor's degree.
· Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional (CMRP) a plus.
· OSHA 30 Construction Course Certification Is a plus.
· Arcflash NFPA 70e training a plus.
· Forklift, scissor lift, boomlift certification is a plus.
· Any other technical certification is a plus.
Knowledge / Experience
· Have demonstrated relevant industry experience 3+ years.
· Completed a maintenance apprenticeship program in a comparable industry.
Key Functional Competencies & Technical Skills
· Familiarity in problem solving, troubleshooting, maintaining, rebuilding and repairing:
· Conveyors, Pumps, Valves, Mechanical Drives, Gearboxes, Bearings, Sprockets, Communication Devices, Pneumatics, Basic Electrical Skills around AC/DC, Lubrication of components, familiarity around Cams, servos, drive chains, belt drives, mechanical fundamentals of timing/stroke/position, Hydraulics, heat transfer (process water/refrigerant), seals, shafts, and other technical devices.
· Experience with automation and controls, welding, fabrication, utilities or any other technical speciality is a plus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Las Vegas
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Technician, Electrical, Engineering, Technology