A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, operates six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare – PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Chocolate – M&M'S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Wrigley – DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5™ chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food – UNCLE BEN'S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS™, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY™, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience – COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.
Operations Associates primary focus is to process shipments, prepare and setup
chocolate room, complete cycle counts, and merchandise items for the sales floor, while
ensuring our guests have a memorable experience. Back Stage Associates are also
required to provide exceptional guest service while filling in for Guest Experience
Associates on the retail floor they will be required to provide exceptional guest service.
M&M’s BRAND AMBASSADOR and PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE:
• Become knowledgeable of the M&M’s Brand and the store products designed to
delight our guests.
• Display a “Guest comes first” attitude by prioritizing Guest Experience.
• Acts as a positive role model for others by demonstrating passion and enthusiasm.
• Display the Guest Experience standards daily and consistently to provide
exceptional guest service and enthusiastically create an unforgettable experience
through personal interactions with our guests.
• Balances a Guest come first attitude while ensuring all daily tasks are complete
• Proactively restock, fold, size and detail shop floor standards to protect the stores
RESPONSIBILITY FOR BUSINESS RESULTS:
• Contributes to and is knowledgeable of store KPI’s
• Produces co-pack and candy product items for the store and meeting productivity
goals and adhering to MARS quality standards
FRIENDSHIP and COLLABORATION:
• Works with store management on merchandising placement and upholding the
visual standards and product guidelines
• Supportive of management decisions by preventing triangulation and encouraging direct conversations.
PUNCTUALITY and INTEGRITY:
• Compliance to all company policies and procedures including safety, food handling, Loss Prevention and Emergency procedures
• Exemplify The Five Principles of Mars and Associate Concept
• Training new associates, as needed.
INITIATIVE and JUDGEMENT:
• Ensures all areas of the store Onstage and Backstage are neat clean, organized, operational and safe
• Orders and processes freight within specified time frames and to M&M’S World standards
• Ability to develop personal skills and capability through on-going training, as provide by the company
Other duties as assigned by the management team
Context and Scope
This associate must be excited to SMILE and work in a fun, fast-paced environment to make every interaction a positively unforgettable experience for our guests while driving business metrics. Operations Associates are our back-of-house Associates and their focus is to prepare merchandise and candy for the sales floor to ensure our Guests have an exceptional EXPERIENCE. Additionally, they’re responsible for ordering and delivery processes within M&M’S World. They are also required to uphold standards of the LRQA audit and physical inventory process while working alongside the store’s onstage team to actively drive for results.
Education & Professional Qualifications
• High School Degree or GED Diploma
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Orlando
Job Segment: Merchandising, Retail Sales, Brand Ambassador, Retail, Marketing