Join our great Mars Team in Cologne!
Junior Financial Controller for Royal Canin (m/f/d)
The Junior Controller primarily supports the business by providing reports, forecasts, financial analysis, as well as recommendations for action and therefore makes an important contribution to the achievement of financial targets in line with the Group's strategy. This role consolidates the unit’s management reporting process and provides a holistic view of the business unit’s results versus KPIs. The Junior Controller is also responsible for supporting governance within the Royal Canin DACH cluster (Germany, Switzerland and Austria). This means to contribute in driving compliance with internal control standards throughout the organisation, promote a good governance culture and report progress to the Leadership team.
· University Degree in business / Finance or similar
· 2 to 3 years of experience in controlling, accounting or audit
· Fluent in spoken and written English and German
· Multi-cultural awareness incl. adaptability/ flexibility
· High action orientation and drive for results
Financial co-piloting responsibilities:
· Periodic and annual financial statements preparation in compliance with the Finance Manual
· Periodic reporting and analysis of business results to the local business unit and headquarters
· Co-pilot costs of specific departments (with a focus on overheads, production costs and cash)
· Consolidation of budgeting input from departments (with focus on NSV, margins, overheads and cash)
· Consolidation of forecasts and results (with focus on NSV, margins, overheads and cash)
· Preparation of the capital appropriation budget and monitoring of the actuals
· Drive projects to step change processes (ex: costs collectors structure)
Governance & Controls responsibilities:
· Support the preparation of bi-yearly reports on the unit’s internal control situation. This includes a consolidation of critical processes description, an analysis of current gaps versus standard and remediation plans in agreement with control owners.
· Perform internal compliance checks over the deployed policies by sampling evidences of performed controls and monitor the progresses through scorecards.
· Create training materials and provide trainings for departments around governance and internal control.
· Support annual internal audits by gathering the required sample documentation .
We are offering:
· A fantastic opportunity for functional specialist to work in an international and highly professional
· Working in a family owned company with strong core values where associates are the core of everything we do
· Exciting national and international development opportunities
· Enrolment to world class training via our Mars University centre of learning excellence
…just to name a few.
Job Segment: Accounting, Financial, Finance