A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
We are seeking an advanced operator to support the startup and daily operation of the Individualis project. By executing this project, this allows Royal Canin to provide specific diets to individual pets with minimal lead time.
· Lead/coordinate the creation of all quality procedures associated with the Individualis project.
· Manage stock replenishment and reconciliation for kibble as well as packaging material.
· Lead sanitation efforts as well as ensure the correct documentation is completed on a regular basis.
· Responsible for equipment validation prior to full time production.
· Lead daily operations for fulfilling customer orders.
· This person will also be responsible for working with/ leading cross functional groups to achieve business results. These groups include site teams/departments, vendors, shipping companies, as well as corporate groups.
· Lead the maintenance, trouble shooting for the mixing and dosing equipment.
· This person will often work alone so they will need to be self-motivated in a high paced environment.
· Responsible for writing and adhering to operational standards to ensure Safety, Quality and Performance metrics are achieved as well.
· Responsible for implementing continuous improvement items such as Autonomous Maintenance.
· This person will also be required to be a backup for our warehouse coordinator when they are absent or on vacation. This includes daily management of the warehouse, inventory accuracy, ordering consumables, and any other required duties.
Context and Scope:
This person will be using tools such as Navision, ITrack, and ERP systems as part of their daily work. This person will also be interfacing with plant associates, corporate resources, vendors, and others as needed. This role is primarily a M-F day shift role, however, after hours may be required as needed to support the success of the project and business need.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Job Segment: ERP, Technology