A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The role of the Guest Experience Supervisor is to provide an unforgettable experience for our
Guests both through personal interactions and directing, coaching, and teaching our associates
to provide an incredible experience. They will collaborate with store management on all things
brand awareness and Great Line Manager Program to drive business objectives. Primary role to is
to be the Manager on duty.
M&M’s BRAND AMBASSADOR and PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE:
• Become knowledgeable of the M&M’s Brand and the store products designed to delight
• Display a “Guest comes first” attitude by prioritizing Guest Experience.
• Acts as a positive role model for others by demonstrating passion and enthusiasm.
• Ensures guest flow to the registers and minimizing wait time when acting as Manager on
Duty by balancing serving multiple guests and multitasking
• Ensures execution of promotions and product placements are clear and well
communicated to the consumer
RESPONSIBILITY FOR BUSINESS RESULTS:
• Contributes to s business metrics; celebrate success and make suggestions for
improvement when necessary
• Role models the behaviors of an effective Manager on Duty to ensure achievement of all
sales objectives and goals.
FRIENDSHIP and COLLABORATION:
• Coaches and provides feedback to associates in various positions and provides feedback
to the Manager’s regarding associate performance
• Partners with or when the Manager on Duty to uphold M&M World visual standards
• Trains and educates Associates on new product knowledge, selling strategies and new merchandise presentation techniques
PUNCTUALITY and INTEGRITY:
• Compliance to all company policies and procedures
• Exemplifies The Five Principles of Mars and Associate Concept
• Training new Associates, as needed.
INITIATIVE and JUDGEMENT:
• Actively seeks feedback from peers and management on ways to self-develop to add value to the team
• Ensures all areas of the store are neat clean, organized, operational and safe
• Demonstrates confidence and focus during periods of high volume or unexpected events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the store team
Other duties as assigned by the management team
Context and Scope
The Guest Experience Supervisor is a role model to all Associates by providing directives that will ensure unforgettable experience to our guests. This role also supports the Guest Experience Manager by being a liaison to the Associates and fills in as the Department Manager in their absence.
Education & Professional Qualifications
• College Degree or equivalent preferred.
Knowledge / Experience
• Experience with guest service-oriented environment
• Experience in a fast-paced, high volume environment
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Orlando
Job Segment: Manager, Brand Ambassador, Management, Marketing