Come and join Mars in Dublin, Ireland!
Salary: Euro 47,669 - 59,586
Exciting opportunity to join Mars, working within a team of nine accountants and financial controllers for the Mars North Europe cluster reporting to the Financial Controlling Manager.
Responsible for performing complex accounting activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards to control Mars Ireland financial resources and ensure it complies with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements. Responsible for managing the period end and corporate reporting process for Ireland.
What are we looking for?
· Several years’ experience working in finance or accounting function with additional years of experience working in a similar role
· SAP experience in a similar role
· Excellent Excel skills
· ACA/ACCA qualified
· Internal control/audit experience
What would be your key responsibilities?
Manage period end close for Ireland (50%)
· Responsible for preparation and compilation of P&L and Balance sheet for corporate consolidation in Mars internal reporting system (Helios
· Accountable for all material accruals prior to closing the books: A&P, fixed costs;
· Monthly review and reconciliation of GL accounts using Blackline tool;
· Year end close responsibility
Control of subsidiary ledgers for Ireland (30%)
· Delivery of all statutory reporting requirements
· Work closely with and provide the necessary data to our tax experts to perform corporate tax calculations, submissions and reviews; working closely with our tax & treasury center regarding submissions and making payments within agreed Revenue deadlines;
· Control balances on fixed Assets, stock, accruals, debtors and creditors ensuring no aging
A&P control for North Europe (10%)
· Ensuring proper accounting behind advertising & promotion spend in each country in the cluste
· Liaise with Finance and Planning Managers regarding period actuals, forecasts and challenge variances.
· Provide financial and analytical support as required to Financial controller and CFO as applicable.
What can you expect from Mars?
· An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including excellent pension.
· A company that understands the importance of a work-life balance.
· The chance to take hold of your own career, and develop personally and professionally.
Closing date: 12th May 2021
To open up a dialogue, please click on the APPLY button below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Segment: Accounting, ERP, SAP, Advertising, Finance, Technology, Marketing