A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
This role is responsible to lead and coordinate the GMP/GHP and pest control programs at the site level to ensure full compliance with Mars global GMP-GHP, FSSC and regulatory standards requirements.
What we are looking for:
· High school diploma/GED
· 3+ years of manufacturing experience in a CPG industry
· GMP-GHP and safety international and regulatory standards knowledge
· Ability to lead
· Must be able to adapt to temperature and environmental extremes from hot to cold, dust, dirt, and chemicals
· Works proficiently in Excel, Nexus, Microsoft Office, Outlook, other necessary administrative programs
· Must be able to work at elevated heights
· Bachelor’s degree
· Previous continuous improvement project experience (TPM/5S)
· Previous trainer/coaching experience
· Direct people management experience
· Develop and lead the development, implementation and maintenance of GMP-GHP and pest control programs with emphasis on the site master sanitation schedule.
· Provide technical expertise to support the Value Streams in the development of MSS (master sanitation schedule) and cleaning and sanitation procedures (dry and wet) and verification protocols to ensure effective and efficient results within the requirements of MWC standards and applicable regulations.
· Direct supervision for Quality Conformance Coordinator (QCC) and Supply Sample Processor associates to effectively provide direction in IBO-setting and talent development based on current Q&FS strategy needs.
· Drive GMP-GHP compliance to the MSS standard by actively participating in the MSE AM & Q&FS Pillars and coaching supply associates in the execution of the Area Ownership / Equipment Ownership (AO/EO) standards
· Manage external contractors and suppliers designated to support GMP's, cleaning, sanitation, and pest control programs.
· Participate in Food Safety risk assessment for new equipment installation to ensure clean design principles are met and provide direction of GHP’s to the CVS team.
· GMP program:
· Review and evaluate updates in Corporate, ISO or regulatory standards related to GMP’s to conduct gap assessments and identify opportunities for compliance.
· Coordinate with each VS the execution of cleaning and sanitation activities specified in the building and equipment cleaning and sanitation plan and generate compliance reports by area to the site leadership team to monitor on time completion.
· Lead the GMP Committee/Group for the site to drive maintenance and continuous improvement initiatives while building functional competencies in GPM-GHP's across the different value streams
· Coordination of the CIP (Clean in Place) program and all associated validation and verification activities
· Verify that site MSS (master sanitation schedule) and procedures are in compliance with current Mars standard requirements and applicable regulations.
· Lead GMP related projects in coordination with Engineering (hand washing sinks, sinks for equipment cleaning, drain cleaning, etc.)
· Cleaning and sanitation chemicals validation, documentation and control.
· External business partners:
· Review, verify and approve pest control plan proposed by external vendor.
· Verify monitoring and correction plans to prevent infestations in the facility premises, the factory building or any warehouse within the site control.
· Assess effectiveness of external partners for pest control and cleaning and provide timely feedback to ensure mutuality principle is followed.
· Organize entomologist visits, site and warehouse assessments, and reporting and corrective actions management derived from internal audits.
· Trouble shooting
· Provide direction and support to the Value Streams to mitigate and control incidents related to GMP or pest control in close coordination with the site Q&FS manager.
· Consult and collaborate with the site Food Safety Scientist responsible for micro environmental control to address non-conforming verification testing results and develop actions to correct
· Verification activities
· Develop and manage site GMP inspection program (Schedule, training, corrective actions tracking, etc.); and provide visibility to the site leadership team of level of compliance against current requirements.
· Maintenance of site level and MCNA score cards related to GMP and pest control metrics and required input in the Q&FS Management review.
· Provide information to the site leadership team to ensure all resources required to execute GMP and pest control programs are assigned.
· Training and education:
· Coordinate with the regional/global sanitation teams and the site training department in the execution and completion of the mandatory training programs related to GMP's and regulatory requirements for the site. The role is also responsible to approve materials used to train all contractors on these topics.
· Line management and Budget:
· Directly responsible for recruiting, objective setting, performance assessment and talent development for QCC’s and Supply Sample Processors to enable effectiveness in PCQI process, micro verification sampling plans completion and other Q&FS implementation programs as needed.
· Budget cost management and suppliers ordering and inventory management of cleaning supplies
What can you expect from Mars?
· The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
· An industry competitive salary and benefits package.
· To be respected and valued.
· The Five Principles at the center of every decision we make.
· The opportunity to work cross functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to come.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Gainesville GA
Job Segment: Engineer, R&D Engineer, Engineering