Financial Controller (W/M)
Location: Aimargues (30 minutes from Montpellier)
Salary Package: from 60k€ to 81k€
Royal Canin, part of Mars Group, is a key brand in Mars Petcare’s division portfolio, and more generally, one of the leaders of the world petfood industry. Royal Canin operates in more than 57 markets and has its world headquarter located at the “campus”, in Aimargues, close to Montpellier, south of France, were the brand has been originally created.
The Controller position is opened in the Royal Canin Group Controlling and Financial Reporting & Analysis department, currently counting seven controllers, and reports to the Royal Canin Group Financial Controller, reporting himself to Royal Canin Group CFO.
The department is in charge of consolidating all subsidiary information to generate RC Group financial statements, bringing visibility on performance and insights to meet the Group’s short and long term business objectives. The team is focusing on periodic performance analysis & insights, reporting, consolidation, governance, process.
What are we looking for?
- Graduated from a Business School, or Degree in Finance from leading university
- A 3 to 5 years’ experience in an International Audit Firm (Big Four + Mazars) allowing the proper background for the job is a must.
- In addition, 2 to 3 years’ in a major international group providing the candidate with a successful operational financial experience (financial controller, management accounting…) is highly preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software and strong Excel and financial modelling skills
- Systems and digital savvy (knowledge of Hyperion HFM & Essbase reporting systems is preferred)
- Effective communication skills fluent in English and good listening skills
- Good analytical skills
- Organized, committed to deliver results, process driven and thorough
- Team player, patient, curious and determined, able to manage complex situations
- Detail orientated and having a high level of self-motivation, and professionalism
- Eager to learn and grow in Mars Group
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Lead periodic management accounting closing process. Organize, coordinate, process, analyze, and challenge reports coming from Royal Canin units around the world. After review and consolidation these are sent to Mars headquarters.
- Contribute to the consolidation process in US GAAP
- Educate & empower units controllers (systems, process, finance manual) around periodic reporting submission and performance analysis
- Provide group performance analysis on key drivers of performance on Sales, margin and earnings
- Provide performance deep dive & actionable insights, share them with key stakeholders such as Royal Canin Group CFO, regional CFOs, and Royal Canin global leadership team, Leadership group, Petcare finance leadership team.
- Act as a business partner to help drive Royal Canin financial performance and secure short term and long term plan delivery
- Lead various business transformations projects such as new markets/factory/Brand integration in management accounting perimeter, digital initiatives, lead continuous improvement projects as management accounting quality representative.
- Interact, influence key segments stakeholders such as corporate & segment FP&A director and Controller and respective teams
- In pair, coordinate the governance and controls agenda and priorities for the group
- Act as a liaison between Mars Inc. corporate technical accounting team and Royal Canin units to implement changes in accounting rules / US GAAP
- Support units in Mars / US GAAP accounting questions and ensure Royal Canin group compliance
- Recruit, Manage, and Develop a team trainee
- Is a key user of Royal Canin Reporting systems (HFM & Essbase) with the other team members
What can you expect from Mars and particularly Royal Canin?
- Opportunity to participate to the creation of a new future in Royal Canin
- Working in an enjoyable, collaborative, and multicultural environment, with a pet-friendly office
- Opportunity to learn and develop, taking charge of your own career across Mars
- An environment where you are empowered to be proactive and to take initiatives to make a difference
- At Mars, we are committed to helping create a safe, healthy, and sustainable world for our partners and the communities in which we operate
Job Segment: Accounting, Financial, ERP, Finance, Technology