Contract : Permanent (CDI)
Location : 30min from Montpellier (Aimargues)
This is a key role for the Finance team and will drive policies, controls, and process improvements for the organization for existing and new business models. The primary directives of the Financial Controller include the ownership of a robust governance framework, supporting period close processes to enable timely and accurate reporting, and delivering insight on financial performance. This includes coordination of activities across the French unit finance team, shared services centres, and central reporting teams. At the same time, the Financial Controller plays a pivotal role to contribute to a high performance business unit by managing and optimizing the unit financial shape.
What are we looking for ?
· 5+ years of general accounting experience in a medium to large sized organization;
· Experienced in operating an accounting system and various interfacing reporting systems (e.g. HFM);
· 2+ years of governance and internal control experience
· Professional proficiency in English
· A user centric process optimization approach (Problem solving, change management)
What would be your responsibilities ?
· Provide oversight to enable accurate consolidated period end reports for France
· Review SLAs, KPIs with shared services group to drive efficiencies
· Assists in supporting the ERP solution by analyzing business process issues or requirements and ensuring that appropriate system solutions are being implemented
· Manage accounting system(s) to enable compliance with requirements and produce accurate and reliable financial reporting.
· Own the cash forecast process for Royal Canin France
· Be responsible for enhancing the internal controls framework across all departments through leveraging financial acumen and relationships with other Mars entities across the globe
· Supporting internal and external audits of accounting and tax processes
· Define new processes within proper governance framework for the business as needed (e.g. e-commerce)
What can you expect from Mars ?
The opportunity to learn and develop, taking charge of your own career across Mars
Working in a collaborative and multicultural environment.
An environment where you are empowered to be proactive and to take initiatives to make a difference
At Mars, we are committed to helping create a safe, healthy, and sustainable world for our partners and the communities in which we operate.
Job Segment: Accounting, Financial, ERP, Change Management, Finance, Technology, Management