Being a Mars Associate is all about opportunity. The opportunity to do the kind of challenging, interesting work that shapes the world's best-loved brands. To work with real purpose, supported by talented, friendly people from all sorts of different backgrounds. And to access the tools, training, and experience you need to have a positive impact on our business, on the planet, and, most importantly, on your own career. Being a Mars Associate is more than a job. It's the opportunity to start your tomorrow, today.
This position is a key enabler of principled leadership and good governance & control, driving the culture, ownership and capability with deep understanding of both the business and G&C principles.
• Partner with business stakeholders, i.e. Demand, Supply and Legal and finance stakeholders, i.e., Finance BPs, Finance Share Service teams, Regional Controller, to strengthen effective business and financial controls and risk management.
• Review, update, develop and deploy policies and procedures to ensure internal and external compliance in the business environment in which it is operating.
• Act as business unit owner for Internal Control Excellence, annual control matrix review, update, gap identification and mitigation.
• Review management and external financial reporting with Finance Share Service teams and FP&A to ensure high quality financial statements.
• Work with Internal Audit to monitor audit finding compliance and avoid repeated audit issues.
• Work with Finance Share Service teams on External Audit.
• 4+ years of Big-4 Accounting firms audit experience with progressive responsibilities is a must; 2+ years of in-house finance experience with progressive responsibilities.
• Experience in FMCG or consumer industry and solid understanding on channel dynamics (online, offline, omnichannel etc.) are preferred.
• Organized, strong business acumen, with solid accounting and control knowledge, process management experience.
• Support annual and periodic financial planning and analysis.
• Be a principled individual who has the courage to stand alone.
• Tracked record in driving step-changing projects.
• Demonstrated ability to build x-function collaboration.
• Strong communication skill, fluent written and oral English a must.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Segment: Financial, Manager, Risk Management, Internal Audit, Finance, Management