Europe Micro Consultancy & Audit Senior Scientist T2
VEG, The Netherlands
Europe Micro Consultancy & Audit Senior Scientist
A day in the life of an Associate
Every day Mars Incorporated takes thousands of decisions that are informed by laboratory data. It is essential that Mars Associates have access to laboratory data that is accurate, reliable and timely to ensure consumer and brand protection, provide competitive advantage and enable operational excellence. Working as part of a small team, the Europe Micro Consultancy & Audit Senior Scientist is responsible to:
• Ensure the effective risk management and development of the European microbiology laboratory network through driving supplier interventions to maximize laboratory quality
and service performance (30+ labs)
• Lead the laboratory incident support process in the region to ensure the timely and effective investgation of suspect laboratory data to provide supply chain clarity
• Provide expert advice and guidance to regional Quality, R&D, Supplier Quality Assurance and Factory teams on microbiology methods, experimental design and laboratory
Explore the world of Mars
Applying your microbiology lab expertise you will assure continuity of our supply chain operations through:
• Execution of laboratory technical audits, to identify and effectively mitigate quality risks.
• Utilization of the laboratory performance metrics to derive insights and drive improvement programs.
• Drive a culture of effective root cause analysis and CAPA closure with the laboratory supplier network.
• Manage supplier quarterly or periodic meetings to drive performance improvement programs.
• Assess new laboratory capability for fitness for purpose to Mars standards.
• Leads laboratory investigations and provide technical consultation in supply chain incident team.
• Build and share knowledge with peers in the global microbiology laboratory community.
• Lead/Support the regional deployment of new standards, tools or methods
• Provides consultancy support to regional stakeholders with experimental design and data interpretation
What are we looking for?
Education & Professional Qualification
Degree level qualification in Microbiology (or related discipline); Masters degree preferred.
• Essential: Technical laboratory background in food and pathogen testing.
• Desired: Knowledge of cultural and serological techniques for bacterial ID and strain typing.
• Essential: Working experience in technical audits and knowledge of ISO 17025 laboratory requirements.
• Essential: Good communication skills, both written and spoken English.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact email@example.com
Please reach out to Ashley Scribbins or Nicky hendriks for more information.
Application deadline 23th of August.
Job Segment: Audit, Scientific, CAPA, Risk Management, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Finance, Management, Technology