A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Purpose of Role:
The ROYAL CANIN ® eCommerce Application Analyst is responsible for maintaining the solution definition and systems requirements of eCommerce applications, their development requirements and to run projects. The eCommerce Application Analyst, through a strong partnership with the eBiz Operations team, will assist in the defining business/technical requirements, develop functional system specifications and execute systems and integration testing. Strong alignment and integration with the IT team and eBiz team will be essential. This role may be extended to include support for markets outside the US market.
· Develop and maintain technical documentation/diagrams surrounding the Royal Canin eCommerce Platform. Will document the activities of building and managing the B2B eCommerce platform.
· Develop/validate technical requirements for all eBiz related projects, including ERP integration, hosting requirements, functional process documentation, and test plans/cases.
· Work with 3 rd Party Vendors on support cases, discovery for new enhancements and monitor ticket queues with managed services for notifications/changes.
· Collaborate strategically to propose, research, estimate, and recommend technical innovations for eBiz platform.
· Work with MSP Partner to perform network changes and enhancements in support of the eBiz platform.
· Maintain detailed technical designs that map functional specifications to technology solutions.
· Support enhancements and new functionality for eBiz system
· Ensure design consistency with development standards and guidelines to maintain continuity throughout the environment.
· Assist in troubleshooting involving the Order Management System and other integration tools.
· Ensure PCI Compliance for eCommerce secure services (ASV and PCI Testing)
· Troubleshoot and resolve all customer functional and technical issues across teams and vendors.
· Assist in performing user acceptance testing for new applications.
· Support and troubleshoot eBiz end user transactions as needed by the business.
· Provide subject matter expertise for all functional and technical aspects of eBiz solutions
· Establish and monitor KPIs related to New Relic and Datacenter notifications.
· Maintain production and non-production application environments
· Perform production code releases in all Environments
· Coordinate and collaborate with internal and external resources to provide resolutions to eBiz problems
· Support business function in documenting, prioritizing, and facilitating break/fix situations and issue resolution including incidents, errors and problem investigations
Context & Scope:
This position works with technical resources on behalf of product owners and stakeholders to ensure the Royal Canin eCommerce platform maintains required security, development and operational objectives. Leveraging capabilities of multiple applications, work to implement best practices for technology while maintaining minimum standards of performance for all changes to the eCommerce platform. Work with partnering businesses and account managers to troubleshoot production incidents as well as provide documentation for new and current technologies related to eCommerce.
What are we looking for?
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields
• Security+ or related certificates preferred
• 3-5 years of experience as a technical lead, systems Analyst, or architect responsible for a customer facing eCommerce environment
• Ability to learn quickly, manage work independently and is a team player
• Self-starter with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities within a fast-paced work environment
• Proficient at defining and managing requirements and design for complex web projects
• Knowledge of ERP system and business processes preferred
• Deep knowledge and hands on creation of key use cases, wire frames, user acceptance criteria, and functional specifications
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to translate business functionality and opportunities into clear, precise and easy-to-read functional specifications is essential
• Strong verbal and written communication skill with the ability to define concise and comprehensive specifications
• Demonstrated strong technical acumen for troubleshooting and problem solving
• Must be able to quickly assess issues and react to changing circumstances and new information
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment, including prioritizing and multi-tasking while paying close attention to detail
• 2 years Project Management experience a plus
• Strong technical documentation, problem solving and analytical skills and working knowledge of Microsoft tools (Project, Visio, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint)
• High level technical knowledge of systems: architecture, design patterns, and Data modelling preferred
• Strong knowledge and support ability in eCommerce websites / platforms
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: St Louis
Job Segment: Outside Sales, Developer, ERP, Computer Science, Project Manager, Sales, Technology