Data Scientist, Paddington - London
It’s undeniable: Pets truly make the world a better place. That’s why we’re inspired to make A Better World For Pets™, a world where they’re healthy, happy and welcome. It's safe to say, at Mars Petcare, we're passionate about pets, and their health.
To deliver on this ambition of being Powered by Data strategy we need talent with expertise and experience of data science and advanced analytics to deliver multiple initiatives and join the change in data and pet- and pet-centric thinking across the entire Mars Petcare business.
The purpose of this role is to join the data science function and to deliver the Powered By Data roadmap across Mars Petcare divisions using the ecosystem of data available. This data consists of Veterinary data including appointment and invoice details as well as the medical histories and diagnostic details this provides. We have breed and disease marker data from our DNA diagnostics business (Wisdom Health), Location and Activity Tracking data from our Whistle business. From our nutrition businesses we have sales data, consumer shopping data as well as valuable information about retailers, Veterinarians, Breeders and Shelters.
The role involved hands-on deliver of analytics, insight and data science. Collaboration with stakeholders is essential throughout to ensure the insights are actionable and that the business is ready to apply them to deliver the benefits.
As the data and analytics team is in its nascent stages we will be working in a very nimble and entrepreneurial way. As a Data Scientist you will need to be able to be comfortable and effective across the spectrum of work we need to deliver
What are we looking for?
· Varied technical experience in delivering statistical analytics, data science and insight on large-scale consumer data sets across multiple sectors, including packaged goods and retail
· Hands-on experience with Python (numpy, pandas, etc) is required; Familiarity with PySpark is also desirable
· Strong communication skills, and proven ability to interact effectively with internal stakeholders
· Good problem solving skills
What would be your key responsibilities?
· Ensuring outstanding delivery of pet and pet-owner centric insight, analytics and data science across Petcare divisions
· Work closely with team members and stakeholders to achieve this
· Apply a pet and pet-owner centric approach to problem solving across divisions ensuring highest standards of insight and data science delivery to create change
· Enthusiastically learn new technologies and techniques
What can you expect from Mars?
· An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including excellent pension.
· Pet-friendly offices, where your pets enjoyment, is as high on our agenda as yours.
· A company that understands the importance of a work-life balance.
· The chance to take hold of your own career, and develop personally and professionally.
Closing date: 18 th March 2021
To open up a dialogue, please click on the APPLY button below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Segment: Database, Scientific, Retail Sales, Technology, Engineering, Retail