A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Corporate FP&A Analyst
Location: Veghel, in the Netherlands
A day in the life of an Associate
The Corporate FP&A Team in Veghel is responsible for management reporting for Mars Inc. around the globe. The Corporate FP&A Analyst is part of the Center of Excellence (CoE) and plays a key role in the period and plan submissions. Furthermore the jobholder is involved in projects to improve the submission process.
This team has a very high level of expertise on and is responsible for the functional side of the management reporting system and for a well-trained community of regional experts and users around the globe. Due to the global nature, the jobholder needs to have a helicopter view of Mars, Inc., needs to be able to shift gears quickly and deal with various cultures and international teams.
· Together with Centre of Excellence (CoE) peer colleagues, ensure all applicable activities and periodical maintenance needed for continuity of period close and plan submission are accurately and timely executed.
· Support regional functional experts (RFEs) with Periodical and Plan submission critical questions and oversee / report submission status to Mars Inc. management teams.
· (Co-) lead or participate in change management projects, related to the global submission process, the submission requirements or new Mars Organizational Entities. The responsibility in these change projects (lead or participate) depends on the nature and complexity/size of these projects.
· Maintain our global Mars Inc consolidation e.g. periodical maintenance & consolidation / revaluation to new exchange rates
· Pro-actively contribute to bring good governance around change processes in place (ambassador, communication, transparency, identify & initiate actions to improve / implement in case of missing governance).
What are we looking for?
You absolutely need to have:
· Higher Vocational degree in Finance / Business Economics
· Good understanding of financial statements (understands ‘how to high level read’ P&L, Balance Sheet and KPI’s)
· 2+ years working experience in Finance
We would love to see these skills:
· Good interpersonal skills; able to effectively communicate with people from different teams, different (hierarchical) levels, different units and different cultures.
· Comfortable interacting with senior management
· Fluent in English (verbal and written communication)
· Hands on experience with SAP, Excel, Power BI, Essbase/Hyperion or other management reporting systems
What can you expect from Mars?
· Flexible working that promotes a work-life balance.
· An industry competitive salary and benefits package
· The opportunity to learn and develop, with industry-leading learning and development
· An excellent pension, allowing you to focus on now
· Healthcare, providing peace of mind
For more information about the job please contact Daan Rijsmus (CoE Manager +31611680879). For questions about the process you can contact Hanneke Smith (Talent Acquisition Lead +31611865906).
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Segment: ERP, SAP, Change Management, Recruiting, Technology, Management, Human Resources