A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Associate Specialist Scientific and Regulatory Affairs
As an associate of Scientific & Regulatory Affairs (SRA), the Associate Specialist Regulatory supports the function through ingredient compliance, SRA system transformation and data management and digital transformation. Ingredient compliance is to provide accurate and complete regulatory information on ingredient to ensure the compliance of our products and label. This role supports SRA’s vision to transform our systems, process and data management to drive digitization and modernization of how we ensure compliance and enable growth.
What are we looking for?
· Minimum bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Food Science, Food Safety, or Food Process Engineering is required.
· 2+ years' experience in regulatory affairs at a food, beverage, or consumer products company required.
· Systems and data management experience - data analytics software, product lifecycle management tools and specifications management systems.
A high level of project and time management expertise. Ability to plan ahead
Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
What would your key responsibilities be?
• Support Mars Wrigley’s global ingredient review process, including maintaining databases with key regulatory information and documentation on ingredients to ensure compliance in Mars Wrigley’s products worldwide.
• Obtain updated ingredient information per aligned business priority and cadence
• Track key ingredient screening metrics to drive continuous improvement
• Support regulatory change management by performing key ingredient searches in the database to evaluate impact of regulatory change
SRA SYSTEM TRANSFORMATION
• Support the improvement of regulatory functionality in the ingredient specification system, recipe system, company food regulation database and drive harmonized and efficient global business processes
• In collaboration with other global and regional SRA subject matter experts, contribute to the establishment of strategic framework of future systems configuration
• Proactively identify continuous improvement opportunities in regulatory business processes and propose solutions to bridge the gap
DATA MANAGEMENT AND DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
• Proactively identify opportunities to drive efficient data management and effective data visualization in SRA to drive the generation of regulatory insight
• Manage SRA metrics data collection, analysis and continuous improvement
• Support global SRA data preparation for migration into new recipe system, aiding in the design and development of new automated system for ensuring recipe and ingredient compliance
• Coordinate global SRA change management program for ingredient, formula and packaging
• Provide support to quality processes and Quality Management Process (QMP)
What can you expect from Mars?
· The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
· An industry competitive salary and benefits package.
· To be respected and valued.
· The Five Principles at the center of every decision
· The opportunity to work cross functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to come.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Segment: Engineer, Database, Data Management, Process Engineer, R&D Engineer, Engineering, Technology, Data