A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Associate Scientist Lab Operations
This role exists to provide Lab Operations leadership and support in maintaining fully operational services of the newly consolidated One Science & Technology lab at Global Hub. There is a pressing business need to consolidate operational services for the S+T lab space as space is being re-organized to optimize efficiency and enable Quality Management Program (QMP) and lab standard compliance for laboratory operations. This role will be instrumental in executing and coordinating lab activities, including utilizing proper techniques, procedures and training necessary to maintain continuity of laboratory services and equipment and partnering with the user community and management to enable continuous improvement.
What are we looking for?
· Minimum qualifications: BS Degree
· Preferred qualifications: QMP Audit certification, Safety certification (ASSP, OSHA), Program Management Certification
· Minimum qualifications: 5+ years in a research role in the food manufacturing industry (or 3 years’ experience with university degree), with hands on operational experience with small scale lab equipment/machinery and/or precision analytical equipment.
· Project manager experience,
· QMP compliance and audit experience,
· lab/site Safety program experience
· Preferred qualifications: 7+ years in a technical role in the confectionery manufacturing industry - Hands on operational experience with lab equipment/machinery and/or precision analytical equipment. Knowledge of confectionery manufacturing processes and understanding of ingredient functionality.
What would be your key responsibilities?
· Coordinating and some degree of execution of laboratory operational tasks, including sample management, external data entry, and sample shipping
· Training Records Management for the One S+T Lab
· Coordination of Instrument Preventative Maintenance
· Procurement and management of consumables for laboratory operations, including inventory upkeep
· This role is a member of the Global Science + Technology (S+T) – Cocoa Flavor Science team and a key enabler of lab Quality Management Program (QMP) compliance in our One S&T Lab in service of Reinvention. There is an ever present need to have a strong leader and coordinator of operational lab activities as the lab space is reorganized and optimized for space efficiency designed for the future.
· This role will bring consistency to lab operations in the One S+T Lab and drive efficiency in execution of operational tasks across a broad user community.
· The Associate Scientist Lab Operations role is focused on the pursuit of continuous improvement of lab operations, working with and influencing the user community as applicable.
What can you expect from Mars?
· The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
· An industry competitive salary and benefits package.
· To be respected and valued.
· The Five Principles at the center of every decision we make.
· The opportunity to work cross functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to come.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Scientific, Program Manager, Data Entry, Engineering, Management, Administrative