A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
This position provides Technical leadership in implementation of Food Safety elements of the Quality Management Process (QMP). Drives project management and continuous improvement of their designated site Quality & Food Safety (Q&FS) Management systems that enable the reliable delivery of products that meet all external legislative requirements and all internal Quality &Food Safety Global Standards.
What we are looking for:
· Bachelor’s degree in food science, Food Safety, Engineering, Chemistry or related scientific or technical discipline
· 2+ years demonstrated success in relevant manufacturing role with quality and food safety experience
· Previous food, beverage, or related industry experience
· Travel up to 10%
· 2+ years of experience in different quality related areas such as raw materials, distribution, manufacturing or
· 2+ years experience in a manufacturing site managing quality and food safety management systems responsible position related to food safety or Quality and food safety management system
· Development and roll out of food safety training to the site and support functions (HACCP, Basic Food Safety)
· Provide governance to the Microbiological verification, Environmental program, Mycotoxin, Allergens, and other Food Safety related programs
· Provide governance to HACCP and Food Safety Plan within the site, provide input to the Value stream Food safety risk assessment. Food Safety Team Leader at the site. Manage validation of CCP/OPRP preventive controls programs within the site
· Lead Food Fraud program at the site. Responsible for providing site input to the Material Risk Assessments (MRA’s)
· Lead root cause analysis investigation of food safety incidents and effective implementation of corrective/ preventive actions
· In partnership with the Associate Scientist Value Stream represent R&D at change management and handover meetings to ensure Food Safety deliverables
· Implement external food safety requirements such as regulations or customer needs into procedures or best practices for site
· Accountable for the Foss NIR data trending analysis, NIR documentation relevant to the value stream and first point of contact for troubleshooting instrumentation where applicable
What can you expect from Mars?
· The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
· An industry competitive salary and benefits package.
· To be respected and valued.
· The Five Principles at the center of every decision we make.
· The opportunity to work cross functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to come.
*If you are interested in this role, check out a few other openings in the Chicagoland area: Posting numbers: 768921, 769001, 983881, 1040301 and 1012881.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Scientific, Engineer, Instrumentation, Safety Engineer, Change Management, Engineering, Management