Here at Mars Wrigley (MW), we are looking for an Associate Engineer (Technical Services) to join the MW R&D team based in Ballarat. Home to many well-known brands such as M&M’s, Snickers, and Maltesers we are proud to make some of Australia’s most loved confectionery brands and now you can be part of the Mars family too!
This role will see you responsible for assisting in the implementation of all relevant Q&FS standards whilst ensuring they are continuously improved to assure quality and food safety across the site. As an Associate Engineer Technical Services, this role supports all production and packaging processes at the factory based on the needs of the business. This is a wonderful opportunity to showcase your natural flair for building strong relationships with people at multiple levels whilst at the same time, using your inquisitive mindset to solve complex problems. This role encompasses true commitment to Continuous Improvement Processes across the site and would suit someone who is dedicated to identifying problems and implementing solutions!
What would be your key responsibilities?
· Partner with R&D, Commercial, and factory operations in the implementation of technical initiatives to support manufacturing operations
· Conduct analysis of process and product parameters on new and existing processes in service of efficiency opportunity and optimization
· Assessing the standard running conditions of the machines such as the line capability and looking at ways of improving speed, reduction of stoppages and downtimes etc.
· Work with Factory Innovation teams in coordination of trials for new products, commissioning, validation and start-up planning and execution
What are we looking for?
· An interest in statistical and analytical data
· A degree or equivalent in Science / Engineering / Food Science / Technology / Packaging / Nutrition will hold you in good stead for this role.
· Technical application
· Knowledge of Six Sigma and Microsoft Project would be advantageous
· Technical application of the above processes in a food a manufacturing environment would be advantageous
· A confident and driven individual who can plan projects efficiently and work closely with operations to deploy and manage communication of progress to Senior management.
If you’re wanting to join a business where there is lots of autonomy and responsibility, then this is for you! In an environment built on mutual trust and respect this role would be perfectly suited for someone who is looking to gain more experience in the Engineering technical application space to build on their current skills and pave the way for an incredible career.
What can you expect from Mars?
· Awarded #4 in the Best Places to Work Australia survey for 2020
· Global health and wellbeing program to support work-life balance
· Opportunities to learn and grow with continued support throughout your career
· Join the world’s leading manufacturer of chocolate, chewing gum, mints and fruity confections.
The health & safety of our associates, candidates and our community are very important to us. Therefore, we will be completing all of our recruitment processes via digital channels for the near future. If you require any assistance or alternatives, please contact us directly.
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, R&D Engineer, Six Sigma, Engineering, Management