Associate Engineer Factory Innovation Icecream (W/M/X)
This person is responsible for implementing, commissioning and supporting the factories to bring innovation, value leadership and supply security projects in the factories and external manufacturers. They commission new products and packs and support other Delivery System 1 change projects regionally. It is the responsibility of the jobholder, working with the Factory innovation team, regional R&D teams, Engineering, Operations, and Commercial to implement finished innovation specifications in the factories both internally and externally. They will also have responsibility for assisting the development of the detailed specification for running conditions of any new process for the current or new factories
What are we looking for?
• Minimum BSc or Masters degree or equivalent in Science/Engineering/Food Science/Technology/Packaging or related subject area
• 3-5 years of experience in a relevant field minimum – R&D, Value Stream/ Operations, if possible in an FMCG environment
• Green belt Six Sigma minimum preferred – must have the capability to attain in role.
• Fluent English & French (or ability to learn French fluently for the role)
What would be your key responsibilities?
• Accountable for implementation of product and packaging projects on site, through the application of PLM (Design for Vertical Start-up) and is responsible for Factory Innovation deliverables of PLM.
• In partnership with Regional and Global R&D teams, support the development of robust process technology specification according to best practice.
• Collaborate with Supply Operations, Engineering, Supply, Commercial, as well as other DS1 teams in R&D in the implementation of DS1 innovation, value leadership and supply security projects onto the production lines. Ensure consistency in quality and delivery of Product and Pack KQAs, be guardians of our products
• Recipe management at site level for DS1 through the relevant systems.
• Supports the delivery of new supplier, new material translation at site for DS1 programs, with a responsibility for trial and start up execution
What can you expect from Mars?
• At Mars, we believe in a relationship of mutual trust, dignity and respect between our company and Associates that is more meaningful than the standard employer/employee relationship.
• As Associates, we can expect to be respected, supported and valued as individuals, to be treated fairly and equitably.
• You will join the most iconic segment of Mars and the world's largest chocolate manufacturer, which includes M&Ms, Snickers, Twix, Maltesers, Freedent, Airways and Be-Kind cereal bars
• You will join the 1750 Mars Wrigley Associates spread over the 3 sites in Alsace
• Our Steinbourg ice cream plant has invested in heat recovery from the refrigeration units, reducing gas consumption by nearly 50% and avoiding the release of 10 tons of CO2 over 5 years
Job Segment: Engineer, R&D Engineer, Six Sigma, PLM, Engineering, Management