A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Purpose of Role:
The Portfolio Analytics Manager is a critical part of the Consumer Market Insights and Marketing Analytics teams within Mars Petcare. This Associate will act as a consultant within the marketing organization – consulting specifically within business management teams on the overall pet category, competitors, and analytic projects. This person will be responsible for turning data and analytics into actionable recommendations through the curation of insights, digestible visualizations, and easy to digest stories. This Associate will work cross functionally, collaborating with Sales, Finance, and other functional teams within Mars Petcare.
· Manage data to create a full pet category market view, that is accessible for the organization to use broadly
· Create and develop successful stakeholder relationships at all levels across the organization; collaborate effectively with other functions including Sales, Marketing, R&D, and Finance
· Act as a consultant within the Business Management Teams to provide insight on the broader category, support analytics projects, and aid in strategy development
· Champion business growth through a deep understanding of the market; translate insights into portfolio and brand growth strategies
· Investigate opportunities by identifying portfolio gaps and emerging trends that drive business results by uncovering market, brand, channel, and consumer trends
· Leads ‘Thought Leadership’ projects that push understanding of the category, shift thinking, and lead to behavioral changes within the organization
What are we looking for?
· 3-5 years working experience and/or internship experience in sales or analytics
· Bachelor’s degree
· MBA preferred
· Experience with Alteryx; proficiency with SQL, Python, and/or other programming languages preferred
· Ability to demonstrate advanced problem solving and analytical capabilities
· Ability to work collaboratively in a cross functional team environment
· Demonstrated ability to manage big data sets (POS, loyalty card, etc.), and prior experience with Nielsen/IRI/GFK data sources or other primary data sources
· Ability to craft stories from data, adding value through analytics and narrative
· Thinks strategically and creatively, has deep curiosity that drives investigation
· Collaborates and operates as a valued partner with a client-service mindset
· Understanding and usage of analytical frameworks
· Data visualization through MS Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau and/or Power BI
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Nashville
Job Segment: Analytics, Data Analyst, Consulting, Intern, Manager, Management, Data, Technology, Entry Level