Being a Mars Associate is all about opportunity. The opportunity to do the kind of challenging, interesting work that shapes the world’s best-loved brands. To work with real purpose, supported by talented, friendly people from all sorts of different backgrounds. And to access the tools, training, and experience you need to have a positive impact on our business, on the planet, and, most importantly, on your own career. Being a Mars Associate is more than a job. It’s the opportunity to start your tomorrow, today.
- Perform Technical team & VSM support team HSE role, ensures department level compliance with HSE laws and regulation requirements, provide governance of HSE Systems and Standards implementation / embedment and drive gap closure within departments.
- Ensure site environment management compliance with HSE laws and regulation requirements.
General Accountabilities in supportive departments (Technical, VSM support, Admin, R&D)
- Provide governance of HSE Management Systems and Standards implementation / embedment and drive gap closure via Internal HSE Audit System in HSE governance process within departments .
- Ensures HSE performance in departments, incident management and action closure reporting are completed on a timely basis.
- Evolve behaviors by incorporating HSE in daily activities through MSE as HSE pillar coach in departments.
- Lead the creation and deployment of HSE CBN & FAB in departments, aligned with site HSE Strategy and Priorities.
- Activate the HSE accountabilities, develop and deploy effective HSE capabilities for all leaders in departments. (especially IFM site manager, Reliability manager, 3 rd party site manager, warehouse manager and QA lab manger, etc.)
- Engage Associates reaching hearts and mind to intensify the Safety Culture in Supply DNA via promotion activities and programs within departments.
- Supervise daily contractor management and engage them to intensify safety culture with promotion activities and programs.
- Collaborates with supportive leaders to identify synergies and establish integrated efforts to minimize HSE risks, including daily activities such as risk assessment in change management, construction work permits & TRA and project PRP process, etc.
Accountabilities at site level
- Environment management of overall site covering water/wastewater/air/noise/wastage, etc. including but not limited to：
· Site ISO 14001 certificate renewal and internal audit
· Quarterly environment protection tax declaration.
· Environment related data report to government
· Environmental evaluation for new projects.
· Air pollution emergency response.
- Specified HSE management element owners such as environmental regulation compliance review, environmental internal/external expectations, emergency response, etc.
- Up-grade, embed and verify specified MARS HSE standards across the site as site SME and standard owner, mainly including workplace transport, chemical management, special operation, etc.
- Take site level essential element owner role in HSE pillar and up-grade, embed and health check across the site, mainly including incident management essential element.
- Qualified as auditor to do internal auditor and participate into HSE management review.
- Assist to organize site level promotion activities.
- Participate in the creation of site level HSE CBN & FAB creation and deployment.
- Other site level HSE supportive activities.
- BS or above Degree in Safety & Environment Engineering or other engineering related.
-Experience with utility/WWTP process, warehouse HSE management and contractor management.
-Familiar with HSE laws and regulations
-Experience with ISO14001/ 45001 management system
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Segment: Engineer, Chemical Research, Manager, Quality Assurance, Internal Audit, Engineering, Management, Technology, Finance