A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Title: Administrative Operator
SL Position: B3
The Administrative Operator will report to the Continuous Improvement Manager.
The Administrative Operator provides technical and administrative support to Site Director, Management Team, and all other associates on site. The position is critical to administrative support to all visitors, National Office Management Team, visiting Mars associates, etc.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
· Handles crisis related phone calls or visitors in accordance with Mars Crisis Management Guidelines.
· Site Activity Planning (meetings, off site planning, lunches for offsite mtgs, etc.)
· Site Activities Committee Lead (including MVP, Adoption on lawn, HealthTracks, etc.)
· Site Rewards &Recognition Program (‘Paw-Achievement’)
· Site Communications (Cafeteria TV, Communication Board, mass emails, “all site” or “all manager” emails)
· Site Visit/Visitor Coordinator (PPE, conference room)
· Able to handle confidential information. Assist in implementation of more efficient processes to mailroom tasks.
· Manages locker and change-o-matic database and assignment.
· Serve as the site global contact person and maintains the McLean Units DataBase.
· Responsible for keeping site emergency contact card and telephone directory updated with current information.
· Interface with contract services (e.g. Cintas, Sanese, Staff Mgmnt, Securitas, etc) in coordinating activities for plant visits.
· Assists in the management the Mars Global Security Guidelines, specifically visitors and front door access.
· Maintain Outlook & Email distribution lists for site
Secondary Responsibilities for this position include:
· Manage associate engagement Activities (Obituary/Bereavement – Flowers, Birthday/Anniversary List)
· P-Card (for non-P&O category purchases)
· Manage conference room cleanliness and ensure daily schedule for each conference room is visible; manage conference room scheduling conflicts for Management Team.
· Organize and track associate Roundtable Discussions Provides support of site videoconferencing, manages all cell phones and external pagers on site, and manages maintenance and services of all office equipment.
· May act as the Alternate Crisis Management Secretary.
· Recommends and coordinates all office activities relating to desk and phone moves, office furniture projects and special projects. This will include managing office expenditures and budget; periodic cost analyses and recommends appropriate actions to ensure cost-effective delivery of services.
· Works closely with IT group on recommendations of site capital/technical equipment upgrades for the office, conference rooms, etc.
An Associate’s Degree in Secretarial Science or a related degree, or three or more years of experience in office administration, would provide the types of experience likely to help someone be successful in this role.
The primary qualifications of this position are:
· Able to demonstrate sound communication, organization, customer focus and decision making skills. Applicants will be required to demonstrate these skills by completing an in-basket exercise and a customer contact styles questionnaire. (P & O can provide more details)
· Effective project management and presentation skills are required.
· Writing skills required for professional communications (including grammar and spelling.
· Excellent interpersonal skills to interact and manage internal and external contacts and resources, e.g. vendors, community contacts, MarsPetcare Global and North America, etc.
· Most recent Performance appraisal with a minimum of “Meets” expectations and not more than 1 year old.
· No active caution notices.
· Acceptable attendance (less than 7 incidents and no discipline above an Initial Warning).
· Physical requirements: Ability to perform all needed physical activities.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Columbus
Nearest Secondary Market: Dublin
Job Segment: Administrative Assistant, Office Manager, Database, Project Manager, Administrative, Technology