A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Accounts Payable Analyst - Raw materials and packaging
Job Purpose / Overview
Accounts payables analyst Is responsible for reconciling the items of raw materials and packaging received at the production plant with the remittances and invoices delivered by the suppliers, and sending the invoices to the normal payment process.
Solve the differences that exist between what is billed by the supplier and what is received by the production plant.
What are we looking for?
· Accountant or Advanced student of the career
· 2 -3 years of experience in tax position.
· Excellent handling of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
· Ability to work autonomously, with little supervision.
What would be your key responsibilities?
· Reception, analysis, and registration of Imports of raw materials
· Analysis and registration of raw material and packaging invoices
· Attention to supplier doubts
· Control of Purchase Orders
· Attention, reception, and registration of Supplier Invoices. High.
· Documentation control for supplier registration.
· Reconciliation of accounts of suppliers of raw materials and packs with current accounts of the supplier
· Cost collector analysis
· Analysis of receipt of unbilled merchandise
· Control, monitoring and analysis of NIR. Accounting for everything received according to the rules
· Control, analysis and monitoring of items received with differences in invoices.
· Attention to internal customers, Plant, Commercial, S&F on issues of Raw Material, Pack.
· You receive the invoices from the suppliers, and cross the information received in the system, you must consult the reception staff of raw materials of the plant before any doubt, and raise claims to the supplier and the commercial department to obtain a solution.
· It analyses all the items that are received at the plant with the information provided by the supplier, complying with the governance processes.
· Provide information to the commercial department, the raw materials flow team.
What can you expect from Mars?
· Support of flexible ways of working
· Opportunity to bring your pet to work
· Commitment to create a safe, healthy and sustainable world for our partners and the communities in which we operate.
· Commitment to make A Better World For Pets™ a world where they’re healthy, happy and welcome
· Commitment to our consumers and focus on positively impacting the planet and the population
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Segment: Accounts Payable, Accounting, Finance