At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we've got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it's not just a room with a bed that they're buying. It's an experience. We're looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Perform general office duties to support Sales & Marketing (e.g., filing, sending emails, typing, faxing, copying). Prepare sales-related documents throughout the sales process (e.g., proposals, contracts, or banquet event orders). Promote awareness of brand image internally and externally. Gather materials and assemble information packages (e.g., brochures, promotional materials). Use sales techniques that maximize revenue while maintaining existing guest loyalty to Marriott. Enter, retrieve, reconcile, and verify information (e.g., commissions, leads, third parties) in software involved in the sales process. Answer guest questions about property facilities/services (e.g., hours of operation, rates and room types, packages, promotions, entertainment, restaurants, special events). Serve as the point of contact for clients and communicate with them by phone and email to respond to questions and requests.
Policies and procedures, guest relations and communication are key ingredients to success for this opportunity.
Core work activities include:
· Follow company and department policies and procedures
· Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors
· Prepare reports and other communications as assigned and where appropriate
· Co-ordinate with and assist Account Director and Sales Manager on sales related matters
· Present information clearly with confidence
· Listen and respond appropriately to customer issues and works to overcome obstacles from both internal and external environment
· Remain open to take direction from supervisor and peers
· Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner
· Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible
· Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call
· Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness
Minimum Job requirements:
· Hospitality Degree or Diploma is preferable
· 1 year of related work experience is preferable but not essential
· Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese/Mandarin).
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.