Posting Date Mar 10, 2021
Job Number 21020017
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort Port Douglas, Port Douglas Road, Port Douglas, Queensland, Australia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Sheraton Grand Mirage Port Douglas is proudly part of the Marriott International group. Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, and 30 brands, you’ll find us in your neighbourhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn more about our company www.Marriott.com Find Your World.™
This iconic Resort is situated between the renowned Great Barrier Reef and the Daintree Rainforest in Tropical North Queensland. The resort comprises 295 guest rooms, suites and villas.
We are seeking an energetic Sales & Marketing Coordinator to join our Sales Team. This position is for a 6-12 month maternity cover and, reports to the Director, Sales and Marketing.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
• Responsible for assisting sales team members with proposals, CI/TY, contracts and sales related duties assigned by DOSM.
• Obtain quotes and coordinate production in line with budgeting guidelines and complete invoicing process through Purchase Plus.
• Order and conduct stocktake of the sales and marketing collateral, ensuring strict adherence to the Brand standards
• Coordinate and generate donation prize certificates in line with hotel policies
• Update sales GSPP submissions each month
• Produce special promotion vouchers
• Represent the Sales & Marketing Team on internal committees.
• Ensure compliance with the hotel’s grooming and uniform standards.
• Responsible for the day to day management of Associates working in the Department.
• Demonstrate clear behaviors and management style that align to the Property Service Culture Standards, the Starwood Journey and Brand Core values.
• Effectively implement and support all Sheraton and Marriott related programs.
• Ensure 100% compliance with all local Legislation.
The successful applicant will have:
• 1 year experience in Sales & Marketing
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent computer skills
Enjoy the benefits of unlimited career opportunities, Free on-site car parking, Uniforms provided and laundered, discounted meals, active Social Club, exceptionally generous accommodation discounts at our 5 star International Hotels and Resorts Worldwide. Working for Sheraton is so much more than just a job, it’s a lifestyle. Be your best. Grow your career with Marriott, where you don’t just work–you belong.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.